Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

fmf megamax

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fmf megamax

iight no problem and yes 4 sure the 300ex pipes will fit the 250ex so i would get a 300ex pipe they look like way better pipes than the 1 they have for the 250ex

Old 03-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default fmf megamax

you need a dynojet kit and a k&n air filter with a megamax muffler with all the disc in . the more disc = more bottom end power my son has a 05 that i did up for him it runs pretty good now but i myself dont really like the megamax but it woke it up a bit {go with a pre-gharger to for your k&n} for $ 330.00 you can big bore it to

Old 04-03-2007, 01:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default fmf megamax

Whoever said DG rcms are good... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

They're up there on the list of worst exhausts ever designed. It pulls a tie with the cobra RCM for the most flawed, worst sounding, and worst performing aftermarket silencer ever.

The fmf megamax isn't exactly a premium exhaust either. Don't waste your money on it, I had one on my recon and the stock exhaust was actually better. If you're going to spend the money on an aftermarket exhaust, first bear in mind that you will have to rejet in order to get ANY kind of power gain and not burn up your engine, and second, if you're going to spend the money, do it right the first time and get something good. IE don't buy anything from DG, Cobra, or any of the older designs from fmf (or old designs from anybody for that matter)

Old 04-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default fmf megamax

What is good or bad about the mega-max? All I see here is babble about old technology and no real info about what gains you may get........what is so great about the new technology??? If I am correct, this exhaust should be compared to others with the disk system because they require no repacking.......

Old 04-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default fmf megamax

They do need repacking, what makes you think they don't? In that lies the problem, FMF's f'd up design uses steel fasteners to hold the can together. The stuff rusts up, which makes it impossible to take it apart to repack it. There's no way to properly seal the slip joint between the header and silencer, and they just don't flow very good either.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default fmf megamax

Alright.....I see what you are saying, and yes they need repacking too

Old 04-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default fmf megamax

I had all kinds of issues with mine, those are just the main ones. The megamax is also one of the heaviest aftermarket exhausts out there. I think the whole disc tuning system is a big crock of crap anyways. Mine performed and sounded the best when I was just running it open-ended, no discs or anything. Same with the E-series on my brother's quad, sounds and performs the best without the discs. The whole theory of "lets force your exhaust through a series of small cracks to make it more powerful" just doesn't make much sense to begin with.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default fmf megamax

well i was thinking the same with the megamax but i was testing things out on my boys 05 250ex after putting a dynojet kit on it with a k&n filter {with out lid} and if i had all the disc on it would pull the wheels up {with out help} but with out the disc on it would not but remember this is a shaft drive 4-wheeler and i was on the brake to bring up the Rsss just a little then pined that baby open but the megamax is a bit big for me to and if you run a k&n air filter you better keep it clean

Old 04-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Range Rover
Default fmf megamax

Originally posted by: squeege
Wtf are you gunna repack ur pipe for that a waste of time its still gunna b loud

Old 04-05-2007, 01:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default fmf megamax

Originally posted by: z250rida
Originally posted by: squeege
Wtf are you gunna repack ur pipe for that a waste of time its still gunna b loud
Spoken in the words of a know-it-all that really doesn't know anything at all. Go sit in your damn corner and take a timeout. You can come back when you have something intelligent to say.

Where do these kids come from? I swear I never saw so much stupid concentrated into such a small area.

Quick Reply: fmf megamax