Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous

Anyone have any experience, thoughts, recomendations about adding a nitrous set up to a 250cc 4-stroke engine?

Old 12-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Nitrous

call powroll, they will know what you want to know

Old 12-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Default Nitrous

Ya don't do it just get a bigger bike. Nitrouse is fun and addicting but one thing goes wrong and your motor is crap. I have blown two motors becouse of nitrouse system failures and I did everything correctly even had it set up on a dyno. One time my button stuck and one time my fuel pump went out .

Old 12-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default Nitrous

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>one time my fuel pump went out . </end quote></div>
A simple Hobbs switch would have prevented that. "ALL" N2O set-ups should have them.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Default Nitrous

My setup didn't come with one and I never knew about it just my ignorance I guess. On my first blow up the button stuck on and was feeding my motor full nitrouse and full gas and when I shut down the throttle at the end of the race it was still shooting wide open does the Hobbs switch have a full throttle switch wired into it so this won't happen? I have been struck by the nitrouse demonds twice on full built motors and to be honest pretty afraid of trying it any more I just can't afford it and my wife will cut off my sack if I do it again :0) with the Busa motor I don't have a need for power adders yet still need to get used to it but I will probably sell it next year it is a little to much it is a bad really fast accident waiting to happen and I don't want my boys on it when or if it happens it's way to easy to go real fast without even trying.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default Nitrous

Wow!!! That must have been an interesting ride!!! If both solinoids stuck on, a Hobbs would not have prevented that.
What it will do is if the fuel pressure gets low or shuts down for any reason the Hobbs will shut the system off. You can preset the pressure you want the switch to kill the system.
With a Bussa I'm sure you don't have to play with nitrous!!!! LOL. REAL nice ride dude!!!
Have a good Chritmas Tpsycho!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default Nitrous

Thanks for the comments. As for it being some ride you couldn't tell the nitrouse was on as far as it didn't pull or anything with the throttle shut but my motor instantly sounded like a diesel and when it did that I killed it as soon as I could but the damage had already been done.
You have a good christmas too.