ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Performance Mods and Project Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/performance-mods-project-quads/)
-   -   chinese frame, ninja 250 swap?? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/performance-mods-project-quads/321831-chinese-frame-ninja-250-swap.html)

908240sx 12-24-2009 04:47 PM

chinese frame, ninja 250 swap??

Well im new to the atv scene, but have always been interested. I have finally purchased a atv, its not the best, chinese brand, but im happy with it, sort of. I bought basically the frame for $100, the motor came with it but didnt find out the motor was junk, till i got home. So i wanted to make it a project. I dont know everything about quads, but I just cant resist taking things apart, fabricating, and all that good stuff. Well ive searched google, the forum, asked around and no answer. I want to know what is needed to do a complete swap. I want to put a ninja 250 motor in it. I know the basics of what is needed, but would like to know what else is necessary. I know i need the motor/trans duh, wiring harness, computer, carb, exhaust. My atv is currently started by the turn of a key, would i need to swap that with the ninja ignition?? or can i splice some wires and call it a day. What about the brakes?? i have rear brakes can i still use that or have to swap it to?? Also other info. would be great. thanks.

908240sx 12-26-2009 09:18 AM

nothing?????

mywifesquad 12-26-2009 09:37 AM

Welcome to the forum 908240sx! :)

I dont think many if any have tried your conversion idea..If I was going to do it Id use the ignition from the ninja motor..Your going to need a few fabricating and welding skills and may need a few parts machined. The biggest worry I would have is the ninja engine tearing the Chinese quad into little pieces.

Id guess what you learn could be useful to the next guy who tries something similar.

908240sx 12-27-2009 12:53 PM

thanks for replying. what kind of machining would need to be done?? i would think id need to mess with the sprockets, but what kind of things would i have to machine??

kellysautosport 06-13-2010 07:35 AM

Your swap sounds like something that id do just out of being bored. I dont know which chinese quad you have but i have a rather large baja 90 and i had thought about a nice motor swap myself. with my experience with sport bikes id say 9 times out of 10 the ninja 250 engine has threaded holes in the head and/or block as the mounting locations and probably one larger one closer to the heavier end of the engine. as stated before my concern would be tearing the frame of the quad up, however if that 250 mounts up anywhere near like my gsxr1000 then with the added metal that you would need just to mount the engine safely you should end up providing reinforcement which would be awsome.. id like to see the attempt. i myself am more thinking about putting a 250cc atv/dirtbike engine in mine and just making some modifications to change my rear brake lever to a right side foot brake pedal to give me room for the clutch lever. id like to follow your project when you jump on it. i say if you want to do it just nose dive into it, get what u want and then figure out what u need to do.

Dean Shannon 04-30-2017 04:36 PM

putting ninja 250r 2008-12 in 200cc hisun!!! HELP!!

I read the first post on this forum and laughed!. Im actually in the process of putting a 250r injection ninja engine in the frame, which i`ve already done lol. The reason for the lol is i have no, i mean absolutely no idea about engines, bikes, quads etc. But i love tinkering and learnimg new stuff so i bought a welder cut the 100 pound quad to absolute pieces and started installing the ninja engine which i got for 100 quid!!! bargain???. I`ve created my own clutch engine brackets and even bought a 350 quadzilla swing arm and welded on using a length of scaffold pole and all thread lol but here comes the tricky part!, how the f##k do i attach all the cables to get it to start?????. i`ve downloaded the pdf file but some colours on the cables differ to the diagrams even if i use usa, european, australian!. Only by chancing my luck i connected a slim black wire after all failures of nothing happening to my starter swith that suddenly it turned over but would not start?. I have no petrol cap just a temporary one covered in duck tape and a long dangly pipe hanging off the side of the tank which i have no clue where it goes and have been told its a vacuum but im not sure?.petrol dont seem to be feeding through the pipe?, bearing in mind the engine hasnt run for at least 2 years. I know i seem a bit mad but if just one person could actually help me sort this engine and make it run instead of a million people telling me what i should do and if they did it they would do it completely different!!!I`m WRONG but then you see the same old arseholes with nothing better to do than tell the next person they see in the pub how they would set up camp in some canyon 1000 feet above sea level rather than 892 because of some bull""it excuse. Anyway if anyone could give me a little help in getting this frankenzinja started and it works i`ll really appreciate it. Thanks Dean:o:o:eek::(