Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

TT/Flattrack Racing in PA/OH area???????

Old 01-23-2001, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a track or tracks in the PA/OH area(within a few hours driving distance) that have TT/Flattrack races every weekend or on a somewhat normal basis.

I am also looking for a number or some type f contact info for the TT track in Deerfield, OH. I believe it is either called: Deerfield Speedway, Deerfield SPillway or Deerfield Raceway..
We used to race here quite often about 5 years ago and then least year we went to a few races, but now I dont know how to contact them to see if they are still racing fourwheelers everyweekend on the flat track..

If anyone has any info on any TT/Flattrack tracks that are running on a weekend basis or has info on Deerfield, please let me know ASAP!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Old 01-23-2001, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

The only one that i know of in PA is Challenger Raceway near Indiana Pa. They have a TT national there. It is a stock car track they run Late Models, sprints, e-mods, and pure stocks. They used to run quads every saturday night around the big oval. There wasn't much competition though. A guy on a banshee won all but one race one season. I did see Shane Hitt race against him, he came in second, started dead last. I was impressed. I don't know if Westmorland Fairgrounds has TT or not, you might check that out.

Is hermitage near bedford/johnstown? I have heard of it but not sure where it is at

Good Luck

Old 01-23-2001, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, I contacted Challenger, btu they are only running the National for TT on 4 wheelers.
Ashtabula, OH and all the other tracks listed ont he National schedule are only running the one event for TT 4wheelers..

Deerfield ran most of the season last year, but I am not sure if they will run 4 wheeelers this year. However i did get a number for them and have to call them back around 4pm..
I like the OH tracks(Deerfield, Ashtabula) because they are not just a circle track, but they have multiple turns and a few rolling jumps.

What is happening to the TT side of ATV's? They still have the nationals, but no one local seems to be running them anymore. You would think with the Nationals only being held in the East for the Pro's that there would be a lot more tracks participating in the weekend events, or at least more people wanting to!

Old 01-23-2001, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

i am planning on racing flattrack almost everyweek this season. i will be racing at trailsways speedway which has atv races once or twice a month, shippensburg raceway which races every friday i think, and another track but can't think of the name off hand. these tracks r in south central PA. e-mail me if you want more info

Old 01-23-2001, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

i am planning on racing flattrack almost everyweek this season. i will be racing at trailsways speedway which has atv races once or twice a month, shippensburg raceway which races every friday i think, and another track but can't think of the name off hand. these tracks r in south central PA. e-mail me if you want more info

Old 01-24-2001, 10:56 AM
Trailblazer

I live in Deerfield and the Speedway was running every saturday this past summer although every time I went it was sprint cars.
People who live by the track have been complaining to the zoning inspector about the noise and are trying to get them shut down, but this has been going on for several years.
I'll contact the zoning inspector and try to find out who is organizing the events and let you know.

Old 01-24-2001, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

I spoke to the owner of the track yesterday and they are in fact running this summer and they will be running 4wheelers also. He said they were talking about running the 4wheelers a different night from the rest of the bunch, but he wasn't 100% sure.
Also, he is thinking of changing the track a little so that will be interesting.

Thanks

Old 01-24-2001, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

What cities are htese tracks in? I imagine that the Shippensburg track is in Shippensburg, but what about the others?

Also, are these tracks TT or oval?

I would appreciate any info you could give me!

Thanks!!!

Old 01-25-2001, 01:41 PM
Nut
Trailblazer

The Butler County (PA) fair has a flattrack race held at the fairgrounds every year. I think it is usually in July.

Old 01-25-2001, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

You would't happen to have a number that I can call and get more info would you?

Thanks...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TT/Flattrack Racing in PA/OH area???????