Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

DYNOJET WORTH THE $$$$$$$???????

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive already got the Woods pipe,cdi box and K&N w/out the lid.so how much more performance would i gain from the dynojet kit if any? would the gain be noticable enough to bother with or stay with what ive got?

Old 04-18-2001, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

don't bother

Old 04-18-2001, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

chop,

I dont know much about the DS, but if you increased airflow with the filter and a pipe then unless the DS comes REALLY rich from the factory then you shuold be very lean. Lean to the point of engine damage. The jet kit is made to allow for more fuel when you add more air. You have added more air which doesnt help performance (unless you were way rich and this leaned out your misture). Now in order to take advantage of the new part properly you need to get more fuel in the engine. The whole point of the filter, exhaust, and jet kits are to allow you to get more air and gas into the motor. If you dont want to pay the price of the kit you can buy individual jets for like $3.00 at you local ATV shop.

Old 04-19-2001, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

ive already rejeted for the mods,so im not lean.but the new jet kit comes with a new needle along with the jets.the needle isnt the same as the stock needle,the taper and length is different than the stock needle.my dealer said he compared a stock bike to a bike with the jet kit and a K&N filter,the modded bike had a 2-2 1/2 bike link advantage over the stock bike.so i was just wandering if the jet kit would give me enough noticable performance to bother with?

Old 04-20-2001, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

If you have jetted for the mods and you are running fine then I would not waste the money. Out of the two kits I have installed and own, the needle is the same size. What the new needle has is 5 different settings instead of the stock 3. I'm not exaclty sure what your dealer told you but if he said in a race the other quad had a 2-3 bike length advantage then it was NOT due to jetting. The needle only affext between no throttle and 1/4 throttle....NOT top end.

Old 04-20-2001, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

actually, the needle is from 1/4 to about 3/4 throttle..but the rest of what he says is correct.

Old 04-20-2001, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the correction...I just looked at the diagram again.

Old 04-21-2001, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Chop
A dyna jet kit is just another word for rip off. All the kit comes with is six jet that you can buy at you dealership for about three dollars a piece. My suggestion is since you modified you engiens breathing system you need to modify your fuel to match. Therefore if your getting more air you need more fuel. Buy a jet at least two sizes up from what your using and experiment from there. It will take some playing around but you power will improve.

Old 04-22-2001, 03:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think the Dynojet kit is only a good idea if you don't have any jets. (Which you already do.) I actually got the K&N Power kit which came with the filter outerwear etc and the Dynojet kit which works out perfect for me since I didn't have any jets. I do not believe I have ever seen a jet for $3.00 as one person stated, more like $4-6. Though they SHOULD only be $2-3.

Old 04-22-2001, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

I buy my mainjets at the local snowmobile store for $3 each..

Quick Reply: DYNOJET WORTH THE $$$$$$$???????