ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Performance Mods and Project Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/performance-mods-project-quads/)
-   -   Kasea wont start..HELP!!! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/performance-mods-project-quads/76890-kasea-wont-start-help.html)

TNTQuadJunkies 10-03-2002 01:29 AM

WEll, it happened again... Once before, our 2001 90cc kasea wouldnt start,meaning it was blowing fuses, which we never did figure out, but we checked all the wiring several times over, and finally decided to by-pass the fuse and to H*LL with it, so that was 6 months or so ago, no problems since, but now, it wont start again, and i mean not even a bit of anything, it has a new battery ,wires look good, the only thing i thought was weird was it happened shortly after going muddin..could be coinsidense,or could be a whole new problem, my service manual doesnt have any troubleshooting on these issues, and need any help i can get, my Kasea dealer in Boise SUCKS and I refuse to take it there.any ideas for where to go next with this??? THanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

achybrakey 10-03-2002 05:38 PM

TNT, I recall your problem from six months ago and your dealer who is not providing you with quality service, Lets see if I can help.

First questions I must ask, do you have spark to your plug? Do you have a new plug installed?

This is a must if you have not yet done so, take all electric plugs apart and clean with
"QD Electronic cleaner spray". Blow dry with air hose. Check that every wire connector is locked in place within the connector housing. Then apply "Dielectric grease" in every connector and reconnect. I am betting this has been your whole problem. When you checked your wiring did you make sure that no wire was pinched.

Check that your coil is grounded! Pull the coil and remove any paint from frame where coil mounts. Make sure the white and red wire from the CDI to coil is firmly connected.

Let me know after you have checked the above, if there is still a problem I will walk you through the next step.

Greg Peak

TNTQuadJunkies 10-03-2002 05:56 PM

Thank you for your help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]!! I will do all that you suggested, and also,..Does it hurt anything by-passing the fuse??We did have a new plug in it too, and it actually ran just the same.Is is possible to be the starter??maybe the relay?? Im still learning alot about this mini.Thanks again..

achybrakey 10-04-2002 12:02 PM

The fuse protects the voltage regulator which charges the battery I would not bypass it.
Think of it like car fuses, with out the fuse you can short out electronics and burn up wiring.

So that I understand better, the starter is funtioning properly but the unit will not fire correct?

Have you check to see if you have spark?

Greg

TNTQuadJunkies 10-04-2002 06:54 PM

Ok,the starter is not turning over at all in any shape or form,not any kind of response,but it can be kick started, as long as the key is turned over, so I assume this elimainates any trouble concerning the ignition switch. When you said check the plug,were you referring to Spark plug, or plugs to the wiring??what is the "coil"??what are we looking for???when it first had a probelm starting, it was starting fine, it would just blow fuses, but now (it is by-passed) so the fuse is no more an issue,it just plain wont start anymore, unless kick started..but we do need to fix the problem with the fuse situation while were under there fixin stuff.

achybrakey 10-05-2002 11:44 AM

If it kick starts then you have spark to your plug and that is what I was referring to. in the future, to check for spark you would pull the spark plug, put the plug cap back on, touch the end of the plug to the frame while turning over the engine using the kick start or electric start. If all is well You will see the plug firing.

Sounds like your problem is the starter. but first check the battery terminal connectors
sometime the connector can brake if it is not positioned correctly usually the negitive post. This will kill the voltage to the starter. I would test the starter by-passing the system by running a wire from the + side of the battery directly to the starter + side. If the starter
ingages then it works, However it could be pulling to many amps causing the fuses to blow.

If the starter engages and all connectors are good then I would look to the start button on the left handlebar, Disassemble and inspect the wiring and connectors. If the starter does not engage
you need a new starter or have that one rebuilt. If you need a new starter and you do not want to go to your dealer I will send you one.

The CDI is the black box under the left front fender, The voltage regulator is same location but under the right front fender, the coil is mounted to the frame on the right side behind the plastic directly above the fan housing and under the fuel tank.

TNTQuadJunkies 10-06-2002 03:35 AM

achybrakey~~ WEll, this is what we have found so far....Once we were ablt to have a full day to tear into it, we found nothing but total meltdown of all the wiring, and goes from the ignition,clear to the battery!!! and most of the damage was done in the mid section, SO.. it looks like we need to order a full wire harness,I dont know if the by-pass done it, or if it has slowly been doing this over the last 6 months or so, but i tell ya, I am one P.o.d' customer right now that feels a bit ripped off!!You trust these people know what they are doing when you are new to all of this,i will be doing ALL my own work from now on...I have duning trip planned for this next wk. end with my kids too, so If you know how I could get this part in a speedy way, please let know,cause I know MY dealer here will take forever ,it took me 5 months to get a repair manual form them,and that is only because i called Kasea direct!I appreciate all your help on this, and I hope this is the problem...

TNTQuadJunkies 10-07-2002 10:31 AM

lol..we did check the wiring, and so did the dealer,and it looked fine, but we also didnt take off the front fenders and really get into all the wires real good until this week.The dealer siad that it all looked fine, and was puzzled and said that the by-pass should solve all problems,well i think they have made them worse.I dont know for sure on this fixing all the prblems we had, but I know its a huge part of it.As far as that much for shipping, Im not gonna pay that kind of shipping price, ill call you later today and see about some pricing o nthe part and go from there.Thank you for going all out to help me with all of this...Tina

TNTQuadJunkies 10-07-2002 10:33 AM

P.S. I would be happy to send you the wires,it will interest you ...lol. believe me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Uglyman32 10-12-2002 02:32 PM

Kasea wont start..HELP!!!

hey guys , i have a kasea 50cc and a while back it would start dying out when u take off. i messed with the carb screws, im not a tech head, and got it to run. the problem im having now is that the top end power doesnt seem to be there any more. anyone know what the screw settings should be at.? thanx