Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

transfering atv title to motorcycle title -Street Legal

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transfering atv title to motorcycle title -Street Legal

can this be done??? I live in Ohio and my dealer said that he knew 2 people around here that did this. They put turn signals on their Polaris's, then a horn, then some mirrors and he said they took them to the local BMV and had the guys come out and inspect it to make sure it was legal for a motorcycle title and they got them transfered over from a ATV title.

Now I'm all excited and does anyone know if this is possible. Technicly I think it is except the Ohio Revised Code defines a motorcycle as haveing 2 wheels OR 1 wheel in front and 2 in rear. But he said these other guys did it so mabey the wheels doesn't matter.

Sounds pretty easy because you can buy mirrors, horn, make your own turn signals and all this for well under $100, oh and liability insurance is like $150 a year so no biggie there. Get a motorcycle liscense plate and endorsement on your drivers liscence and your set.

Old 03-06-2003, 11:44 AM
KGB
Pro Rider

I saw some dude rolling around Slat Lake with a Polaris set up like you are saying, Hell, he even turned left infront of a cop. Don't forget about D.O.T. Tires.

Old 03-06-2003, 01:55 PM
Trailblazer

This would be so SWEET!!! I'd love to ride my 400EX to school when the weather turns nice. And my brother could drive the quad with his temps!!! At least, when I got my temps, I had motorcycle endorsement. I bet my close-to-stock quad could beat some of those little furin' cars with the 5 inch exhaust!!!
BTW-What part of ohio are ya from, and what dealer told you that?

Old 03-07-2003, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider

Take it to the Inspection depo and tell them you want a street legal inspection, they have to go down a checklist, signals, horn etc. And when you pass it they can't do a dam thing. Never say ATV tho

The ATV manufacturer will void your warranty and the bike is modded so its not stock and no liability to factory.