Pictures of Street Legal ATV's or SxS's Lets see pictures of your street legal ATV's or SxS.

The Meyers Manx

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by dbj216
For $200 and an evening in the shop, I'll have it ready to go for you. I have that equipment on my Outlander. My riding buddies all chuckle. David
Don't think I could make mine street legal here in Taxachusetts. They hate ATV's.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Don't think I could make mine street legal here in Taxachusetts. They hate ATV's.
From conversations here and on another forum it sounds like they hate anything fun. At least outdoor fun.

Old 08-06-2017, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
From conversations here and on another forum it sounds like they hate anything fun. At least outdoor fun.
They either outlaw it or tax it so much it's not fun anymore.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It gets a bit repressive at times doesn't it. I read an interesting article about how all the European "progressive" taxes really burden the working people. It's not just progressive income taxes, its sales taxes, property taxes, vehicle taxes, social security taxes, health care taxes, et. al. And I read the EU has rules on the curvature of the bananas they will allow imported. Lots of rules.

There is no better feeling than being on the ATV way out in the backcountry and totally free.

Off highway vehicles here in Colorado are common and not particularly offensive to most folks. Irresponsible operators can be a problem, but they are few and far between. They do leave a lasting impression though, just like a plane crash. People remember the bad stuff.

I trust Colorado will find the wisdom to pass a street legal law so the ATV hobby will flourish even more in our state.

David

Old 08-07-2017, 11:11 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The law about the curvature of bananas is to keep banana benders in Queensland gainfully employed.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I know one reason they can't be street legal in Texas is because of how they're titled. Listed as ORV on the title, and they won't hear anything else after that.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Back Country Explorer

Some manufacturers build their ATVs and UTVs to all the European rules and regulations and earn the CE mark. ATVs and UTVs are allowed on public in some European countries. Then they wouldn't have a OHV mark on the title.

I do not know how a European machine differs from a USA one. I do know they have turn signals, horn and mirrors. Maybe the tires are special, maybe they have a true differential in the rear. I just haven't researched it enough.

David

Old 05-27-2018, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

A very close friend of mine was given Manx #43 for his HS graduation gift and still has it and drives it.

I think he has three of them.