Pictures of Street Legal ATV's or SxS's Lets see pictures of your street legal ATV's or SxS.

Atv is technically any 3-4wheeler dirtbike or other handlebar control ride google ;)

Old 05-04-2018, 03:24 AM
Yamaha_Ripper89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atv is technically any 3-4wheeler dirtbike or other handlebar control ride google ;)

atc (all terrain cycle) is a Honda things atc = 3wheeled Honda as Trx=4 wheeled Honda cycle.. Honda’s has a patent or registered tm at one time for this..

atv (all terrain vehicle) also known as a quad, quad bike, three-wheeler, four-wheeler or quadricycle as defined by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is a vehicle that travels on low-pressure tires, with a seat that is straddled by the operator, along with handlebars for steering control. As the name implies

your sxs’s

Are called utv’s

(The side-by-side (often written as SxS) is a small 2- to 6-person four-wheel drive off-roadvehicle, also called UTV (utility vehicle or ((UTV)) utility task vehicle)

so my street legal atv
2015 wr450f mapped and tuned fuel injection and computer makes it run like the yz450f also removing the throttle restrictions built into the cable under gas tank limits the throttle to open 1/2-2/3 full potential!

Blame california! But it rips now with minor adjustments gytr fmf exhaust, gytr computer ad injection tuning and throttle limits removed... hit 106mph before letting off first time out expecting 80mps or so and hit 100 and let off saw 106 before gong back down so maybe even a slight bit faster but 100+ on a dirtbike was good enough and I’ll likely never go that fast again. Just had to see what it was made of after removal of the limits from factory for 59 state green certified

White when purchased but cane cane with oem blue plastics and I had to reinstall then as I think it looks much better blue!

Old 05-04-2018, 06:41 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How fast is too fast on a dirt bike? 100+ MPH. It's an ORV (Off Road Vehicle) or an OHV (Off Highway Vehicle), but it's not an ATV, unless there's another wheel or two I don't see in the pictures.

P.S. Training wheels don't count.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good friend has a RZR Turbo with speed limiter/rev limiter disabled. 1 ride, and I can say, I never want to go 100 mph off road in any ORV, ATV, Dirt Bike, pickup truck etc! Heck when I bought my Cat 700 TRV, I wrung it out to 70 mph or so on asphalt. I promptly ordered a Speedwerx Hypershift kit to reduce top speed and give more bottom end punch. But becoming a geezer may have something to do with it.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some government bureaucrats classify off highway vehicles as category I: 4 wheel sit on straddle the engine handle bar types, and category II: 4 wheel sit in steering wheel types. They include dimensions for these categories. The two categories are used to define what might be street legal.

Your dirt bike would be classified as a motorcycle cause it's got two wheels. But without street legal equipment, it is a off highway vehicle.

So what's a Polaris Slingshot, or a Can Am Spyder: Motorcycles I guess.

David

Old 05-05-2018, 11:42 PM
Moto Psycho

In most places reverse trikes are considered motorcycles even if you sit inside them. It gets even stranger than that. There was a place about a half hour drive from my house called Owosso Motor Car Company in Owosso, Michigan. From 1984-1990 they made about 350 enclosed motorcycle types of vehicles that had 4 wheels and looked more like a jet than a motorcycle. They made them with and without tail-fins. 2 wheels were on outriggers that never touched the ground at the same time, so it was considered a 3-wheel motorcycle. When it got going fast enough in a straight line it gyro-stabilized and only the 2 main wheels touched the ground. I used to walk past something like this going to school and back in the late '70s before these were made. I don't know who made that one. They've been in TV shows and movies, like Back To The Future II.

Attached Thumbnails Atv is technically any 3-4wheeler dirtbike or other handlebar control ride google ;)-pulse1.jpg   Atv is technically any 3-4wheeler dirtbike or other handlebar control ride google ;)-pulse2.jpg  
Old 05-07-2018, 08:56 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

They had some troubles with the titles on the Slingshots when they first came out in Texas. To be considered a motorcycle, it had to have a straddle seat. Took a few months, and who knows how much money they gave to the right people, but now they can be titles as motorcycles.

I'd like to see one on the motorcycle safety foundation course.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:43 AM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by scootergptx
They had some troubles with the titles on the Slingshots when they first came out in Texas. To be considered a motorcycle, it had to have a straddle seat. Took a few months, and who knows how much money they gave to the right people, but now they can be titles as motorcycles.

I'd like to see one on the motorcycle safety foundation course.
I'd like to see that too. I heard there were licensing problems with the Slingshots somewhere, but if it has less than 4 wheels it's not a car. In some other countries it would be, but not in the U.S. If it had 4 wheels they would have to pass the same crash tests as cars to be street legal.

One of my ex's 2 (or more?) stepfathers had a Gold Wing and after some medical problem, a stroke or whatever, couldn't keep his bike up at a standstill or pick it up if it fell over. He had training wheels that automatically lowered to hold the bike up when he stopped. As soon as he took off they folded back up. So it had 4 wheels but was still a motorcycle and not a car, because it didn't ride on 4 wheels.