Pictures of Street Legal ATV's or SxS's Lets see pictures of your street legal ATV's or SxS.

Pictures of Street Legal UTVs

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 07:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pictures of Street Legal UTVs

My street legal UTV, a Maverick X3 XRS Turbo R

Lets see your street legal UTV.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:19 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I wish I could make an ATV street legal in Michigan. But it was sold as an ORV and it will always be an ORV. If I could make mine street legal I would. I'd put car tires on it and putt around town. A long time ago ITP had wheel kits with radial passenger car tires on I think it was 14" wheels. I saw a golf cart that a friend of a friend made street legal but I think he said they quit letting people do that right after that. He must have found a loophole in the law and they closed it. I've never seen another street legal golf cart anywhere.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Street legal is a loose description. No utv is 100% street legal. Legal enough to be driven on city streets yes. Legal to be driven everywhere a car or truck can be driven. Nope. Its useful if you live near a riding area or set of trails so you don't have to trailer it. But if you live farther away, it makes more sense to haul anyway as you'd use up so much fuel driving there and back, not to mention you have no support vehicle if you break down that far from home.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:40 PM
Back Country Explorer

I just happen to be in Utah right now. Utah is an extremely friendly ATV / UTV state. I imply street legal means the local or state authorities have passed regulations so a person the register and license an ATV, like you can a motorcycle, or a scooter, or in some states, a golf car. My son has a 50cc Honda motor scooter that can go about 40mph. He has a license for it.

Here are a couple of photos of machines I have seen around during my travels here. "Honey we need a loaf and jug". Okay, jump on the ATV and run down to the 7-11. Dangerous, you bet. So is a motorcycle, a scooter, a bicycle, or a pedestrian. It would make our investment in our "toy" a lot more useful and enjoyable.

David

Old 12-13-2019, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish SC was more friendly for street legal use

Old 01-08-2020, 10:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default legal here

Live in South West Montana, we are very fortunate. Not only are we allowed to ride on secondary roads but also in any city in our county. Can't say what the other counties are doing although I do see ATV's/UTV's out on the road when traveling throughout the state so would assume it is a state wide law. We register our machines, we are issued a permanent plate, and also have to purchase a a permanent off road sticker for all of the forest service trails around the state if we want to ride them. Street legal definition here is Head light, tail light, brake light, lighted license plate, at least on rear view mirror, horn( I have a car horn mounted on my 2. Blinkers are not required but I may look for some kits to mount on mine.

Had just purchased this and got my plate and lighted holder mounted.

Had just purchased the two up wasn't even licensed yet

Nice to be able to run to the store, gas station, across town to plow my moms place or out on the county highway to my brothers if I feel like it(not necessarily good for the tires to run on all of that pavement but we do have the privilege to do so.) The least they can do for us with all of the property taxes we have to pay for not having a state sales tax. We generally have places to park our tow vehicles with trailers when we head to the mountains so it isn't too big of a deal for us.

The following 2 users liked this post by Freedomflyer:
AdrenalineRush (03-04-2020), chintx (07-06-2022)