Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2006 Polaris sportsman 500 efi

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
So the head was removed to do the solvent test and replaced I assume?

I made a video of what it is doing a long time ago, don't think I posted it on here, so I have attached the link. Also if you unplug the IAC before turning on and starting it will run good, other than being in limp mode.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:25 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Not necessary as I've run completely out of things to check after about 6 or 7 pages of posts along with what three dealers have done and all sorts of items replaced. Unless by chance you stumble upon something simple that's been over looked like low fuel pump pressure(which I'm sure they've already checked),I'd just cut my losses with all the ghosts in this machine..I really believe all these sensor replacements,wiring harness,stator,ecu,etc shouldn't have been necessary,sounds like a lot of parts were just thrown at this machine,but it's too late to undo what's been done.Ones like this machine are what I would have loved to have looked at in person..

Old 10-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Plus simple things like having 2mm space between the etc contacts while no pressure is on the throttle.I supposed you and they have checked that. Should have been one of the first things to eliminate.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Not necessary as I've run completely out of things to check after about 6 or 7 pages of posts along with what three dealers have done and all sorts of items replaced. Unless by chance you stumble upon something simple that's been over looked like low fuel pump pressure(which I'm sure they've already checked),I'd just cut my losses with all the ghosts in this machine..I really believe all these sensor replacements,wiring harness,stator,ecu,etc shouldn't have been necessary,sounds like a lot of parts were just thrown at this machine,but it's too late to undo what's been done.Ones like this machine are what I would have loved to have looked at in person..

Yeah, I just wish my dealers had someone like you who enjoys the challenge. I will continue with my search, I am very bull headed and don't accept defeat easily. It has to be something small that is being overlooked, as you stated (the fuel pressure and volume has been checked though) I just need to find it.

Thanks again, I will definitely post the results when I find the problem.