Clutch not seated properly, scarring on crankshaft mounting surface - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. Thanks for the knowledge and friendship. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Old 06-25-2016, 07:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Default Clutch not seated properly, scarring on crankshaft mounting surface

I had the clutch cover off doing maintenance on my Trail Boss 250, and started it. It appeared that the clutch was not centered on the crank, or not seated properly.

I pulled the clutch off, and looked at what I would call the bushing and saw this. Anyone seen this before? They are pretty big grooves cut into the bushing, any suggestions of what to do to remedy it? My logic says that this may be why the clutch doesn't seem to be seated on the crank properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Clutch not seated properly, scarring on crankshaft mounting surface-img_2287.jpg   Clutch not seated properly, scarring on crankshaft mounting surface-img_2285.jpg  
Old 06-26-2016, 09:00 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

You can use a die grinder lightly over the scarred area and see if it helps. As far as the bushing,this one is made into the inner sheath and not replaceable like the one in the outer sheath.Item#12.Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Polaris, Suzuki & Kawasaki OEM Parts & Accessories Cycle Parts Warehouse
Attached Thumbnails
Clutch not seated properly, scarring on crankshaft mounting surface-64-pcs-abrasive-sand-paper-ring-sand-paper-font-b-wheel-b-font-font-b-grinding.jpg