Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2005 sportsman 700EFI issue

Old 04-22-2018, 02:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 sportsman 700EFI issue

I just bought a sportsman 700EFI and took it out riding the other day. rode around for most of the day with no problems. I shut it off then went to start it back up and it starting idling bad and when I hit the gas it would just keep falling over itself or go foward but very slowly when it was wide open. checked the fuel rail and i have plenty of fuel pressure. Ended up letting it sit for awhile and trying it again and it started no problem and ran fine. it did this to me 3 times all 3 times i let it sit for 10mins and started up just fine. Always did it after shutting the machine off the trying to start again. Anyone have this issue?

Old 04-22-2018, 05:26 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Wiggle the tbap and tps harness from the sensors and see if the idle changes,backfires,etc.. Plus see if you have any bare wires. Sounds like what the tbap harness would do as they can wear and bare wires can intermittently touch metal or wires can melt internally especially if they feel soft.Even pins can pull back a little from the connectors. Not usually a sensor problem itself. Look at the sticky post above this section on efi problems. Applies to ALL efi machines. From those post came https://otbpowersports.com/products/ a lot better harness repair kit than I had from Polaris.