ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris-ask-expert-fond-memory-old-polaris-tech/)
-   -   fuel gauge blinking but full??? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris-ask-expert-fond-memory-old-polaris-tech/349474-fuel-gauge-blinking-but-full.html)

meddy293 03-03-2013 09:20 PM

fuel gauge blinking but full???

07 sportsman 500. Gauge pod blinks fuel like its almost out of fuel but shes full, this happened before so i removed the fuel tank and took out the pump and float mechanism when i put it back together all went back to normal for a couple hours then it started do the same thing again. Anybody know what I need to do? Or should I say what do i have to spend money on?! Thanks in advance.

old polaris tech 03-03-2013 09:32 PM

Efi or carb? Either way sounds like the float may be saturated or the sender may be faulty if an efi machine. One member was able to replace the float on a carb model,I'll see if I can find his post.

meddy293 03-03-2013 09:48 PM

its efi model.

old polaris tech 03-04-2013 06:09 AM

Since it's an efi don't know if anyone has replaced any portion of the fuel pump assembly that pertains just to the fuel level. Here's where you can probably match it up without having to buy a tank assembly or a high $ pump from the dealer. Autozone,Napa,etc should be able to help you. Airtex Master/Fuel Pump (E8197H) | AutoZone.com

TLC 03-04-2013 07:49 AM

I would spend to much on fixing it ,those gas gages are not to accurate anyways.
All My snowmachines have gas gages put putting a twig down the gas tank gives me a true measurement.
Another method is the trip meter, set it at zero after fill up and you know your almost out at 90 miles.
Unless its easy and cheap to fix, it would be like caring if the hour meter quite working to me.

meddy293 03-04-2013 08:53 PM

No i agree with ya TLC the blinking is what gets to me. I acknowledge that I am anal about things being right. When its right theres no problems, when theres a light blinking somethings wrong. whether its maintenance on my machines or building at work if its not right its not right and it'll drive me so nuts that i'll drive my supervisor nuts till he lets me do it right! Plumb, square, level, flat and straight make it right!

user493 03-04-2013 10:55 PM

The blinking light would get on my nerves too. I'd probably end up watching it instead of the trail.

TLC 03-05-2013 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by jumbofrank (Post 3171700)
The blinking light would get on my nerves too. I'd probably end up watching it instead of the trail.

LOL thats not good many times.

The fancy computerized over infomation digital dashes may work and look fine on a streetbike or snowmobile that ride in near sterile conditions.
ATV are mud bogging machine where your lucky to know what color it is after some rides.
The old tuff ATVs only had a green neutral and red reverse/oil light and you could not count on them working for long.

My semi digital speedo is so fogged and scratched up,I don,t know whats working or not anymore. LOL