Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Hey Stendori (front spacer post)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 09:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Stendori (front spacer post)

Hey, I'm wondering how the spacers affected the ride and was there any clearance gained?

I have an 06 SP 800 that I'm doing tons of work to and when I read your post last year or so i wanted to do it. my front wheels look as if they lean in from bottom to top. from the front / \ Now i have or am changing the tie-rod ends, wheel bearings, ball joints and ordering 2 new black rubber bushings that go up in the springs.

But, my way is not with PVC it is actually whats left of the wheel bearings from the rear wheels i believe. Anyway the outside of the bearing is almost perfectly fit to do the same task. Ill let you know on that.

Thanks

Old 10-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

as far as the ride goes, it makes the front end sit up higher, but to me not enough that it effected the handling(maybe a slight stiffer ride in front)on either of the bikes I did( 4 of them I think). there was no rubbing issues at all. I used pvc as it would not have any metal on metal earing from just riding vibrations on rough terrain. Plus it was an inexpensive and quick fix to the sag.