Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Polaris Hawkeye no display and won't crank (but headlights work)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Hawkeye no display and won't crank (but headlights work)

I've got an 07 Polaris Hawkeye that won't start after sitting a few months. It was running fine when I parked it. It has low miles/hours. I thought I just had a dead battery that would not hold a charge so replaced that. Now with the new freshly charged battery the lcd display will not come on and when you turn the key it does not turn over, no buzz, nothing. The headlights WILL come on. The winch does not operate. I made sure the engine kill switch is in the right position. Its in neutral. I checked the 2 15 amp fuses I found under the front cover and they are ok. I can't find any other fuses.
I was hoping someone here can give me suggestions on what to try next or what the problem might be. I would just take it back to my dealer but that's going to be a huge PITA. It's parked at the bottom of a big hill behind my house and getting it pushed up the hill and then up ramps in to the back of my truck is going to be fun...
Thanks for any help.
Mark

Old 06-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

The electrical schematic shows three 15 amp fuses for the Hawkeye,not just two.See if you can find the third one (may have to remove battery) If I remember correctly one fuse is below the battery area,easy to overlook. Try that and keep us updated. OPT

Old 06-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'll look again when I get home tonight. The housing that had the two 15 amps had a third fuse in it but it appeared to be a spare since it didn't really have any metal contacts that it locked in to. It was just floating in a space between the other two. It was near the battery. I'll look for another in-line fuse. Thanks

Old 06-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can't find a third fuse to save my life. There is no access under the battery. Have to come at it from under the front end.
Does it sound like the problem is likely a blown fuse?