Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Demand Drive Plus Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Demand Drive Plus Fluid

Ok OPT, I know this has probably been beat to death and you will want to beat me for asking, but I have been able to cross every Polaris Lubricant to either an Amsoil or Moble 1 substitute, except for the Demand Drive Plus Fluid; is there a good quality substitute for this Polaris mystery lube? I wouldn't mind using Polaris lube so much if the closest dealership wasn't 55 miles away, not to mention, the fact I know their lube in no different than other lubricant manufacturers, except for all the secrecy of course. Thanks......

Old 01-30-2012, 10:16 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I sub out all my fluids but that one. On the older locking hub system My Clymer manual says I can use Transmission fluid "Type F". But the Polaris stuff is so cheap I did not every bother tying it.

Just buy the Proper Polaris Fluid online and get it delivered to you house if the dealership is to far away.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:18 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Early off all the hubs required was Type F transmission fluid. Around the early 90s Demand drive hub fluid came out to replace it. I have noticed over the years the Demand drive fluid is a little thinner than atf and doesn't thicken up up as bad when it's time to change. Both fluids turn black,but to me the atf was blacker,thicker and a lot of times had that burnt smell to it! If you can find a suitable oil designed for direct replacement use in place of the Demand fluid,then go for it,DON'T really know if Amsoil,etc make this oil. But one other thing to think about is a quart goes a long way since the hubs only hold a few ounces!! Just buy one quart and it will last a few years and you won't have to worry about if you're using the right oil or not! Oil,religion and politics is something EVERYONE has an opinion on! OPT

Old 01-31-2012, 01:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Polaris awd issues

Hello i hope someone can point me in the right direction. i have a 2001 Polaris Expedition 425 and when the electric 4wd is engaged the right front will not engage. any suggestions? Thank you

Old 01-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Hopefully have given you something to start with on your other post. OPT