Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2006 Polaris Saw Tooth no power

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 06:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Polaris Saw Tooth no power

i had asked a while ago about this atv lose of power after riding a while and OPT answerd that it could be problems with the fuel system (Lines,Filter,Vent things like that) I was wondering if anybod knew what is something good to clean out the Plastic fuel tank with. Im replacing all the Lines, filter, Cap and fuel block and wanted to make sure there wasnt any crap in the tank. Thanks

Old 02-03-2012, 07:31 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Best way to flush a tank is either go to the trouble of removing it and dumping the old fuel OR If you have access to an air compressor and blower,just place a towel or paper towels around a siphoning hose in the fuel tank and use the air blower to force all the fuel out into a gas can.OR just hook a hose to the fuel valve line going to the carb and force it out this way into a gas can! Used to pressurize fuel this way on watercraft that were contaminated,can drain 6-8 gallons quickly! Add marine Stabil OR StarTron to the fuel and you won't have to do this again! Can keep the fuel fresh for up to two years(if you double dose the Stabil) and helps remove water from ethanol gas. Also keep the tank full so moisture can't accumulate. Not necessary to drain tank and carbs anymore as some do if they are going to be sitting up, as this actually can cause problems ! OPT

Old 02-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Opt I use sta bil in all my machines, l learned my lesson also. Great advise. I still am old school and turn the fuel valve off and let it run out of fuel also.