Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Hello all :) I need help with a Trail Boss 325 2X4 ATV

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 07:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all :) I need help with a Trail Boss 325 2X4 ATV

Hello,

I´ve recently acquired a Trail Boss 325 2X4 ATV, I hope I can get some help with you guys to keep my four wheel bike OK

By the way I´m from Portugal, sorry for my English.

Regards,
Carlos Oliveira

Old 09-07-2015, 01:22 PM
Trailblazer

Can anyone help me with the following:

1 - I recently bleed my brakes and now the lever is two hard, just a little touch and is already braking, is this normal?
2 - I also have a problem in the foot brake, it get´s no pressure and does not brake, what can cause this?
3 - Is it normal that the hand brake brakes more in the front that in that back wheels?

Thanks

Old 09-08-2015, 04:43 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

What's the problem?

Old 09-08-2015, 06:47 AM
Trailblazer

I have the following doubts:

1 - I recently bleed my brakes and now the lever is two hard, just a little touch and is already braking, is this normal?
2 - I also have a problem in the foot brake, it get´s no pressure and does not brake, what can cause this?
3 - Is it normal that the hand brake brakes more in the front that in that back wheels?

Old 09-08-2015, 08:38 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

The hand brake works both back and front brakes. That is why there are two bleeder screws on the rear caliper. The brake pedals are known to be weak on these and a few other models.

As for the front being too hard, I never had that problem with mine after bleeding.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:59 AM
Trailblazer

The problem is that the foot brake does not brake at all, i will try to clean the back caliper, it can be stuck due to the fact that the bike was stopped for about a year.
Another thing i will do is the bleeding in the front brakes, i forgot them.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Trailblazer

Hello Old Polaris Tech,

The problems i have are:
I bleed my brakes and now the front brake lever is too hard, just a little touch and already brakes. But without braking the bike is completely loose.
The foot brake does not brake at all.
Is it normal for the hand brake to brake harder in the front than in the back wheels?

Sorry for my English and thanks for the help

Old 09-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Trailblazer

Hello Old Polaris Tech,

The problems i have are:
I bleed my brakes and now the front brake lever is too hard, just a little touch and already brakes. But without braking the bike is completely loose.
The foot brake does not brake at all.
Is it normal for the hand brake to brake harder in the front than in the back wheels?

Sorry for my English and thanks for the help

Old 09-08-2015, 10:26 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Rear hydraulic brakes are the weak point on Polaris atvs because the master cylinder is so small. Common problem on all the later models.The small rear master cylinder seals also leak after several years and you either have to replace this expensive part or you can rebuild them now that seal kits are available. If you have access to a vacuum bleeder such as a Mityvac,it makes bleeding a lot easier also.http://www.ebay.com/itm/POLARIS-TRAIL-BOSS-REAR-BRAKE-MASTER-CYLINDER-SEAL-REPAIR-KIT-DR16-/271954333239?hash=item3f51bdce37&vxp=mtr

Old 09-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the help, during the weekend i will disassemble it and check if the cylinder are working ok, if not i will rebuild it. I´m counting with your help if i have some doubts during rebuild
Has to bleed i don´t have the vacuum bleeder, what i do is using the same method i use in my mountain bike. I use a syringe and inject the oil from the bleeder point to the master cylinder in the brake handle.

Quick Reply: Hello all :) I need help with a Trail Boss 325 2X4 ATV