Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2003 600 sportsman stator kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 01:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 600 sportsman stator kit

Hello im new here but have read many posts here in the past , im hoping for a little help with a 600 sportsman i picked up this winter , first off it has the ducati syestem and i took some advice from here and picked up a 2202603 kit off a bike that was running when junked , i dont have the install instructions or the jumper wires it is all pretty clear on the harness and stator/flywheel part but the wires on the regulator are not matching up color wise , if any one has any info out there it would be greatly appreciated maybye i could post a pic or too later im kinda leary of frying that regulator .

Old 04-28-2016, 06:02 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

You need the jumper wires as they help transition from the old harness to the new regulator,cdi,etc. I'd try to get in contact with whom you got the kit from and see if they can help.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
You need the jumper wires as they help transition from the old harness to the new regulator,cdi,etc. I'd try to get in contact with whom you got the kit from and see if they can help.
Thanks old Polaris tech , I was just going to make my own , it's all pretty much plug and play except for a black and red off the voltage Reg just a matter of crimping new connectors , but the Cdi unit has two two pin connectors one brown which mates with existing brown and the other two pin is black which one pin goes to the kill switch connector but the other I'm not sure of, I didn't get to the shop tonight but when I do I will snap some pics they might mak more sense than me lol thanks again

Old 04-28-2016, 08:22 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

There is one red/white wire buried in the harness that hooks up also and a lot of people had a hard time finding it. Even the instructions called it a red wire,but didn't say where it was. See if this video can help also.On a 700,jumpers are different but close to what you have.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

There is one red/white wire buried in the harness that hooks up also and a lot of people had a hard time finding it. Even the instructions called it a red wire,but didn't say where it was. See if this video can help also.On a 700,jumpers are different but close to what you have.2002 to 2004 polaris sportsman 700 2202602 ignition kit replacement - YouTube
Thanks Polaris tech I have some pics just got to figure out how to post lol I did find a red white wire but it is two wires to one connector

Old 05-01-2016, 11:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Yates1
Thanks Polaris tech I have some pics just got to figure out how to post lol I did find a red white wire but it is two wires to one connector

Old 05-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Should be a singe red/white wire in there somewhere that the connector end has been sealed,but easily opened.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

Should be a singe red/white wire in there somewhere that the connector end has been sealed,but easily opened.

Thought this may have been it ! I'll have to dig deeper

Old 05-02-2016, 06:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Was playin with the bike tonight and tore open the harness completely but still can't see a single red wire with connector in there , there is the single connector with two red with white trace that I mentioned earlier I noticed it has 12 volts with key on I didn't connect to it but turned engine over and there is no fire at all everything else is hooked up , I posted another pic earlier but it's not up yet .

Old 05-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

If it has a connector end,hook her up! Most harnesses had a single red/white wire you could use. Really doesn't matter if it's two red/whites tied together..

Quick Reply: 2003 600 sportsman stator kit