Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

OPT help with AWD

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OPT help with AWD

OPT a buddy just bought a 2007 Scrambler 500. Bought it knowing the ecu was bad. The old owner had bypassed it with some funky wiring. He has ordered a new one, the guy said that the the awd doesn't fully engage because of it. My buddy said it seems to pull hard left. Does the ecu control engagement of both front wheels? I would have thought it just engaged the main shaft and it was full power to both wheels then. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:07 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

This sounds more mechanical related like an armature plate in the hub that's magnetized.This will cause one side to engage even with awd off.Changing fluid may help,but kinda doubt it. Replace both plates when you do as the other one would probably need replacing later any way.Ecm doesn't control the awd,but get it replaced. Here's a video on the hubs and hilliard. Lay off the grease as simple hub fluid coating will work better.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I will pass this on.