Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Plastic hood help

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plastic hood help

One of the plastic tabs on front hood broke off. Tried epoxy and lasted about 2 months then let go. Still have tab, what can I use to attach tab?

Old 03-23-2017, 08:11 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I searched online and JB Weld PlasticWeld is supposed to work about the best. If that doesn't do it there are super expensive 2-part adhesives made for professionals. https://www.jbweld.com/collections/p...icweld-syringe

Old 03-24-2017, 02:04 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Saw a lot of them come into the shop that had the same problem. On several machines people just pushed the panel up tight and used a couple small headed phillip screws down at the lower end of the panel to hold it in place to the body plastic. The rack covered up the screws. Don't know if you want to consider something like that or not.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will try the JB weld first and see if that holds. May look at some other automative clips and see if anything jumps out, if not screws it is. Thanks for all the help and replys.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I gave up trying to repair the plastic tabs to keep the hood in place, besides that I was afraid of loosing it going down the highway while on the trailer. So I made a strap from bungee cord like the stuff Kayaker's use. It keeps the hood closed and prevents it from flying off at high speeds. Besides that it looks good, almost like it was designed for that purpose. The rear tabs are fine it was the front/side tabs that were the problem but the nice strap across the front of the hood prevents any future problems.