Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

How do I remove and re-install the front plastic on a 2001 Polaris Sportsman 500?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 09:16 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I remove and re-install the front plastic on a 2001 Polaris Sportsman 500?

How do I remove and re-install the front plastic on a 2001 Polaris Sportsman 500?

It was much more difficult than I expected and am not sure I went about it correctly.

Should I take anything else off or loosen anything before removing the front plastic piece. The manual never said anything that I could find to indicate I needed to remove anything but the plastic

My main problem was getting it over the headlight and handlebars.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:22 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Remove the tank bracket bolts on the rear of the cover,remove mud flap bolts from the foot wells along with the two bolts under the front panel. Lift the front cab up,turn it sideways,work one end off the left side handle bars,slide over and remove the opening from the right side of the handle bars and luft the cab out of the way. Reinstall by slipping the opening over one side of the bars then the other,then it can be lowered down.