Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

What is the size and thread pitch of the Phillips head screws that go to the carb

Old 03-26-2017, 09:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the size and thread pitch of the Phillips head screws that go to the carb

What is the size and thread pitch of the Phillips head screws that go to the carb on 2001 Sportsman 500?

The head of the screws is on the air filter side. Just inside of the bolts that mount the bracket.

I am missing one of the screws. I am going to try to post 2 pics I took. You can see the Phillips head of the remaining screw in the pic.

I checked here and could not find the screws.

2001 Polaris SPORTSMAN 500 HO (A01CH50AB) Carburetor A01ch50eb | Cycle Parts Warehouse

Attached Thumbnails What is the size and thread pitch of the Phillips head screws that go to the carb-polaris-mising-screw.jpg   What is the size and thread pitch of the Phillips head screws that go to the carb-polaris-mising-screw-2.jpg  
Old 03-26-2017, 09:31 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Either 5 or 6mm screw. Pitch is either 1.0 or 1.25.You can remove the one screw and match it up at any hardware store.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:41 AM
Trailblazer

One screw is already gone. I was in fear of something moving if I removed the other screw to check size.

It's been running on one screw and I would just as soon just order a new screw as to take a good screw out to check size.

Is that screw on the schematic anywhere so I can get a part number. I probably have one here if I knew the size and pitch.

I have fat hands and don't like touching little things that look like they might be a pain to get in and out.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:58 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Wont hurt to remove it to find a replacement. It's just a carb support bracket screw. Doesn't show the screws on the break down. Just the bracket.

Attached Thumbnails What is the size and thread pitch of the Phillips head screws that go to the carb-2919a81c1809571a076229282aacb631cd4082e7.png  
Old 03-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer

Thank you much for all your help

I really appreciate it

I looked at every schematic on the page. They couldn't show the screws I was looking for? LOL

I did put a few items in my cart while there.

Old 11-06-2019, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by jrsavoie
Thank you much for all your help

I really appreciate it

I looked at every schematic on the page. They couldn't show the screws I was looking for? LOL

I did put a few items in my cart while there.
The screws on my machine are 10 32 tpi. About 3/4" long.

Search this Thread