Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2005 Polaris Predator 500 Battery Overcharging

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Polaris Predator 500 Battery Overcharging

Hello All,

I've had this ongoing issue where my battery overcharges and burns out, making it impossible to revive it, so I have to buy a new battery. Would this be a problem with my regulator or stator? Or is there a possibility that there is a bad ground somewhere. Does anyone know what the numbers should be when I test my regulator and stator with a multimeter.

A little background on issue. This all started when I flipped my bike off a sand dune.

Old 06-05-2017, 03:40 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Usually the regulator over charging when this happens. You can also check resistance from each yellow from the stator to the regulator to see if the charge coil is ok or a cheap manual to do a complete checkout of the charging system is the best way.Better than throwing parts at one.2005 Polaris Predator 500 Service Manual PDF Download