Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2000 Xplorer 400 4 x 4 this one goes out to OPT

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 02:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2000 Xplorer 400 4 x 4 this one goes out to OPT

Hey Pa, the picture that you have in the post
  • (OTC Ball joint kit for Polaris question) https://atvconnection.com/forums/att...img_0485-2.jpg
  • does it have an installation rod to put the new ball joint in? Also is it the tool your refering to in the post from ebay; if so, does that tool have an installation rod? I did some looking into the tool kit that was bought from amazon and it doesn't look anything like the one from ebay. The one from ebay looks to be a puller ONLY. As always I (we) appreciate all you do for the rest of us layman when it comes to getting back on the trails again. Beal

Old 09-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

As far as I can remember this was a home made puller that someone posted..The kit I referenced from OTC was similar to the Polaris kit I had at the shop and fairly expensive.
Amazon Amazon
You can get these for 28 bucks. A little easier on the pocket book.
POLARIS ATV BALL JOINT REMOVAL TOOL ,POLARIS LOWER BALL JOINT PULLER TOOL | eBay Haven't looked for the installer tool like in the otc kit,but if you're able to heat the strut up a socket should make easy work of seating the new joint.

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Xplorer 400 4 x 4 this one goes out to OPT-s-l1600.jpg  
Old 09-07-2017, 02:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That explains the "U" shaped puller that you showed in the post from before. OK, I guess I'll have to go ahead and try to see if can fab one up to get after this one of mine. That one from ebay seems pretty simple. As always thanks for the assist.