Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2001 Sportsman 500 ho no start when hot

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 07:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this is the first time I have ever taken it to a shop. I cannot see a reason to ever take it to another shop. I don't trust mechanics.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:55 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Good ones out there,you just have to find a good place and stick with them if you find some things you can't do on your own. I have a shop close by and a couple techs for the wifes car.They're the only ones that have ever done any major work on it and I fully trust them. Simple things like oil,filters,etc I'm still able to do without tearing up my knees and hands.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sure they are out there. I just think they are rare and I have never run into one. The first and last time I had someone work on my truck (alignment because I just rebuilt the front end myself) my front drivers side wheel came off going 70MPH in heavy traffic north of Charlotte. They didn't tighten the lug nuts. What was worse was there was no need to take off the wheel in the first place for an alignment.