Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Polaris Predator 90 cc back brake issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 10:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Predator 90 cc back brake issue

I bought new back brakes for the Polaris Predator - 2006 , 90 cc. I took the back brakes case off.. installed the new back brakes. When I tried to put the case over the brake -- the case will not close. the case gets caught hitting the new brake pads.. I can not force the case over the brakes... Any idea on how to resolve this?

I compared the old brakes with the new... the look the same size except that the new brake pads are new and thicker. the old brakes are wore down equal to the metal that they sit on

Old 03-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

The brake cam must have no tension on it from the cable and the drum has to be clean,clear of any pitting or rust. Even so I've had a few problems with oem pads don't know about aftermarket ones that are out there. I've had to dremel the leading edge of the shoes down to be able to slip the drum over. Some people have even mentioned using a belt sander to take some of the material off the shoes to be able to make them work.Don't know if they were using oem or aftermarket shoes. Same thing happened to this guy.http://www.polarisatvforums.com/foru...oes-c-mon.html