Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

So much for fretting about Honda's 1st UTV design over all these years....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So much for fretting about Honda's 1st UTV design over all these years....

GregV
You are right, this thing is not only ugly, it is Butt Ugly. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I would have expected more out of Honda. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

So two things come to mind here:
1. Maybe the others are not going to try and run up against the RZR, figuring it is just a fade thing, and that it will go away.
2. Maybe Honda is setting the new look for side-by-sides. And all of them will be this ugly, some what like the cars of the 70's.

(I know some looked good, but come on guys) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default So much for fretting about Honda's 1st UTV design over all these years....

OK......Let me get the ball rolling on this. Chime in if you have anything to contribute. ha ha

The 2009 Honda Big Red is So Ugly...........

" How ugly is it?? "

The Big Red is So Ugly, that the instrumentation and shift lever had to be fitted with Braile to better serve it's TARGET CUSTOMERS.......the blind.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

" How ugly is it?? "

The Big Red is So Ugly, that LeBra (the automotive bra manufacturer) is working a new aftermarket accessory for the Big Red. They are calling it the "Double-Bagger".

It is specifically designed to strict tollerances to completly cover every body panel that is visible on the Big Red.

They didn't stop there, hence the Trade Marked name "Double-Bagger"TM

It also comes with a second wrap that is designed to cover the face and neck of the driver to insure that you will not be recognized by your friends.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

" How ugly is it?? "

The Big Red is So Ugly, that if you listen closely in the still of the night you can hear the Kawasaki Engineers having the first sound sleep that they have had since they released the Mule.......because there is FINALLY a Utility Side by Side that is actually UGLIER than the MULE.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GregV
"..Maybe.....JUST MAYBE.....they have put this out to throw everyone off and then show up on Game Day with something sleek and sporty to compete with the RZR??..."

My thoughts exactly; as there is no other possible explanation beyond pure Japanese conservatism in terms of Honda (supposedly) finally jumping into the sports-related (and liability prone) market. I'm not saying that this couldn't end up being the hands-down toughest and well-built "utility use" side-by-side ever built...just that (as you've all mentioned) it's both ugly and unspectacular on paper.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Just like a friend trying to set you up on a blind date, the salesfolks are gonna have a hard time with selling it because it has a nice personality.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big Red's looks remind me of the farmer in 'Men in Black', where he pulls the skin of his face back and freaks out his wife. Seriously, it looks like they copied the front end Husqvarna uses for their UTV. At least it doesn't LOOK like a 'me too' Rhino knockoff. What peeves me is, no specs, which is typical Honda.

Their strategy seems to be 'it's a Honda, buy it , you'll like it , it will do whatever you want. Specs???, you don't need to know those, just buy it'.

Yeah, right.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

At least if it was really friggin' fast, we could say it had that going for it

but even then, you can't outrun ugly...

Old 09-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

Yea..... I'm sure if we look hard enough we could find the words EZ-GO somewhere on it. ;-)

Old 09-07-2007, 07:14 PM
rzr
Trailblazer

o i ssen it and it was ugly bad uugly and im a honda fan it looks like a rhino with a pig nose like a big red pig lol

Quick Reply: So much for fretting about Honda's 1st UTV design over all these years....