Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

So much for fretting about Honda's 1st UTV design over all these years....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So much for fretting about Honda's 1st UTV design over all these years....

http://www.hondanews.c...teg.....leases/4164

</a>
With the recent Kawi release and now this...I like the looks of our Rzr more and more every day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
The quality of the components themselves may turn out to be extraordinary and worth the investment long term; yet what a disappointment from a company that has lost so many die-hard fans over the years (myself included in terms of new models) with absolutely no word on much new being brought to the table.

A 675?....c'mon! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default So much for fretting about Honda's 1st UTV design over all these years....

They say that "Beauty is only Skin Deep" ........ But the new 2008 Honda Big Red is UGLY TO THE BONE !!!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Is it me, or do those tires look really small?

And isn't the RZR closer to a 750?

Still, the RZR looks like the one to have.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Did I read correctly. It won't be released until Summer 2008??? That would mean they are waiting a year before releasing a product that is already behind the frontrunners. That doesn't seem right.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Eltex

Did I read correctly. It won't be released until Summer 2008??? That would mean they are waiting a year before releasing a product that is already behind the frontrunners. That doesn't seem right.</end quote></div>

Notice the year next to the name?

Old 09-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scootergptx

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Eltex

Did I read correctly. It won't be released until Summer 2008??? That would mean they are waiting a year before releasing a product that is already behind the frontrunners. That doesn't seem right.</end quote></div>

Notice the year next to the name?</end quote></div>

They list the release date as the summer of '08 here (under 'specs' as of today): http://powersports.honda.com/2008models/#BigRed

Old 09-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Is it me, or do those tires look really small?

Small indeed and subtracting from the overall look in a big way (IMO).

"...And isn't the RZR closer to a 750?..."

AC played the same game with their 1000cc Thundercat (950cc); yet both engines are at least somewhere in the range of competitveness for 2007.

"...Still, the RZR looks like the one to have...."

Polaris is the only company to date that has 'gotten' the 50" width limitation forced on many of us by the motorcycle community and their divisive (not to mention national orv leadership supported) 'our trail/your trail' politics. They've led the way in finally shoving this machine right on up these elitist's arrogantly turned up noses and I commend them for finally standing up to these guys and our right to access multi-use trails...while 2-wheel supported closed door leadership presided over the largest land closure in American off-road history just this year.

Sorry for the politics...yet there doesn't appear to be many out there who know the true story of why, in my opinion, Polaris was forced into designing 50" machines in the first place.
(Google "AMA-D14 house bill 5343 removed from agenda" and click on the sub-heading to both view how quickly a manufacturer-sponsored bill is killed under Oz-like leadership or how motorcyclists refer to even 50" trails as 'their' trails also....while currently lobbying to shut down the balance of the largest maintained system in the nation to everybody but themselves).

Trending Topics

Old 09-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Scootergptx,

The RZR has a 760cc Parallel Twin Cylinder engine.

Did I mention that the Big Red is UGLY ??

I'm just trying to imagine how dark it would have to be or perhaps how desperate I was for a ride ...... for me to ever be seen in one?? Ha ha

You know, Honda has even had the advantage of seeing the other guys new SxS offerings.... And Yet they still have a press release and show the public this thing.

All I can say is that you would HAVE to be a real die hard Honda Loyalist to plunk down money on this thing. Their new 700 Sport Machine has really great lines and styling....why not carry that look over to their BIG RED???

Maybe.....JUST MAYBE.....they have put this out to through everyone off and then show up on
Game Day with something sleek and sporty to compete with the RZR??

The Big Red's destiny is to carry hay bales and bags of feed.........then hidden back in the barn like a red-headded step-child.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow honda sure let down the world on that pos. But maybe the trx700xx can be close with the raptor 700.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

You may be right Raptory. Maybe they just let a few guys loose with a cutting torch, a case of Pabst and some red paint. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: So much for fretting about Honda's 1st UTV design over all these years....