Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

ranger 570 airbox problem partially solved.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:22 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ranger 570 airbox problem partially solved.

I have had the same thing happen to my ranger that many others have had. After a 40 mile ride I can usually get about a half a cup of dust out of the air filter. I did a little research and experimenting and believe I have found a partial fix for it. I put another bead of self sticking 1/4" door seal around the box and then found that outerwears makes a prefilter for the stock filter on the 570 ranger p/n 41225. Riding the same trail again I didn't have hardly any dust at all in the filter or box. I know I will have to clean the prefilter but it will save me money buying new filters all the time at 32 bucks a pop. I hope this helps out some of the others having the same problem. My next project will be an easy fit snorkel kit for it. I think that would cure the problem completely along with the other fixes I have applied.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:12 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Sounds like deja vu all over again as Yogi Berra would say. We constantly had service bulletins on the Rzr when it first came out also on air box problems and steps to fix it. Constantly were getting updated packets of foam to place behind the filter doors and baffles to add to air inlet ducts. You'd think after all these years they finally would have that solved or should have when ducts were relocated and boxes were changed. Sorry to hear that you and others have had problems on this. Plus imo the Rangers and Rzrs should have never had paper filters but something along the lines of an Uni or a Twin Air filter.