Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Thinking about buying one of these,Anything I should know? 2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about buying one of these,Anything I should know? 2008

I just sold my boat and looking into some type of off road vehicle. I was looking at a argo "6x6" and while youtubing I seen some vids of polaris rzr's tearing it up and was in love! Very cool!

First off I wanted to ask about values of these,do they seem to hold value at all or drop pretty good? I seen one locally on Craigslist "2008" looked pretty much stock besides wheels and tires "they dont mention any extras either" KBB and NADA puts the value at around $6,500 in Excellent Condition,this person has it for sale at $7,900 with 285hrs on it,whats your opinion on this price vs the blue books?

This is a RZR 800S 2008 model,can anyone tell me if this is a decent year and model,prone to any particular problems,is it known to be reliable over all?

My last concern is about where to ride it. I dont own land or property,I seen a few atv parks somewhat close "one is called mines and meadows" So if I do get one of these for the first few outings I'll pretty much be at a park type place,Are these restricted by their size or allowed at most atv trail areas?
Hopefully I will meet up with a group and find other places to go,but these are the type of places I will be going to,will I run into any problems?

If you can think of anything else that I might need to know about rzr's in general,this model in particular,or anything else like insurance,maintenance,parts pricing etc,Please let me know. Thanks!

Old 10-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

The 800 is a proven engine in the Polaris line. See tons of them on the trail. Issues most guys have is bearings eventually go. 285 hours equates to probably around 2800 miles depending on where you live. If I remember right Mines and Meadows is in PA??? That kind of mix of terrain is much like here in New England. Rocks, roots, hard pack, mud, water, and snow. Slow going with speeds usually averaging around 10-12 mph. To me that prices seems kind of steep considering you can buy a new RZR 570 with almost as much HP as the older 800 for around $10K. It is not the S model though which has better suspension.

As far as fitting on the trails in the park you should look up their website. It probably has the information or you can call them and find out.