Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

RZR 570 - Enough Power?

Old 10-15-2017, 08:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RZR 570 - Enough Power?

my wife and I are looking to get into a RZR. Curious if the 570 is enough power to get 2 adults through a half to full day of riding? What about in the mountains? Extra 1-1.5” of suspension travel on the 900 worth it? Anything anyone could add to the conversation here?

Old 10-16-2017, 02:02 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 570 is geared for its weight and power. Will get the job done....however 2 adults as well as mountain trail riding, I would shoot for a larger engine size. Nothing is more of a bummer than being dissappointed in a new purchase. Advice....test ride, test ride, test ride!

Old 10-16-2017, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Back in 2013 my buddy, his son, my son, and I went out to Marysvale, UT to do the Paiute Trail. Son and buddy's son rented RZR 570's. They did pretty well down in Marysvale which is around 6000' ft. but didn't have much oomph at the higher portions of the trail around 9000-11000 ft. We had the opportunity to ride with the Trail Administrator and his Honda threw a ball joint a couple miles from his home. Patched it up, limped it home, and he jumped into one of the RZR's as a passenger as his truck was where we were staying. It got up a pretty good trail with some slopes and elevation in low range. All the way up to about 9000 ft. and back down into the town. If you want to be able to ride at higher elevations like you find in the Rockies I would pass on the 570. It WILL get you and a passenger up there and keep going fine. But, if you want more fun it will lack at those elevations. I did it last year on a Can-Am Outlander Max 650 and did okay until I tried to catch up to my son and his buddy on their Polaris Scrambler 1000's. Once they saw me coming up on them they were gone. At the high elevations the bigger bores are the way to go in my mind. It's better to have more than you need than to have just enough. Once the Trail Administrator (Specta, here on the forums) retired the quad he had, he went to a Kawasaki Brute Force 750, and I don't think he'd ever go back power-wise.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you said the word= mountains. If you's said flat land or small hills, you'd be fine.

Search this Thread