Polaris Recalls RZR XP Turbo S - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Polaris Recalls RZR XP Turbo S

Old 09-04-2018, 02:53 AM
Quad Patrol
Default Polaris Recalls RZR XP Turbo S

Polaris has announced a recall of 2018 RZR XP Turbo S recreational off-highway vehicles due to potential injury hazards:

https://atvconnection.com/articles/p...zr-xp-turbo-s/

Old 09-04-2018, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I figured it would be for fire risk. Guess not this time.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

These new turbo machines keep getting bigger and bigger anyway. Its to the point where you can't even ride them on an actual trail anymore. 72 inches wide for some, that's literally almost the same width as a mid-size truck. I guess if you live near desert or dunes and have some really wide open areas to ride them they might be fun but for the rest they are overkill and overpriced. Who cares if they can run 85 mph if you can never go even half that fast before you would crash into something. Even on secluded gravel roads you still wouldn't be able to come even close to running them at full potential. I'm skeptical about the durability of these turbo engines anyway, both Polaris and Can-Am.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by greg74 View Post
These new turbo machines keep getting bigger and bigger anyway. Its to the point where you can't even ride them on an actual trail anymore. 72 inches wide for some, that's literally almost the same width as a mid-size truck. I guess if you live near desert or dunes and have some really wide open areas to ride them they might be fun but for the rest they are overkill and overpriced. Who cares if they can run 85 mph if you can never go even half that fast before you would crash into something. Even on secluded gravel roads you still wouldn't be able to come even close to running them at full potential. I'm skeptical about the durability of these turbo engines anyway, both Polaris and Can-Am.
I don't know. They run them under higher stress in snowmobiles and they hold up well. I agree that it's hard to find places where you can really open it up and hit top speeds. With the previous Outlander Max 650 XTP I had I got it up to 68 mph on my gps and held it there for about a half minute before I let up. One was on a nicely groomed old railtrail in the winter and the other was on an incredibly smooth, gently rolling dirt road where I could see the road for about a mile and a half. I've actually had the new beast out only two times since I got it last year. Just too busy with moving and such.

Old 09-08-2018, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

Polaris recall??

Oh tell me its not so......

Old 09-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Specta View Post
Polaris recall??

Oh tell me its not so......
It's not so....