Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailboss vs Trailblazer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 11:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Trailboss vs Trailblazer?

I can say that if you hooked the trailblazer and trailboss up back to back and had a pulling contest, the trailboss would pull the trailblazer all over the place.

Old 07-21-2003, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know but the trailblazer has to beat it at speed.I know mine would.

Old 07-21-2003, 11:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If it came down to getting from point A to point B quicker then the trailblazer would get there quicker.

Old 07-22-2003, 12:41 AM
Range Rover

I was gonna stay out of this post , but I guess some one needs to give some usable info and educate some folks.

if you are a "young punk" ( by the word -punk- i don't mean the music style) with an "i don't give a sh*t" atttitude than skip this post all together.

2 stroke and 4 stroke technology is different all together.

hell, years ago they use to make cars with 2 stroke engine, i owned one of those.
then they figured out that it is lighter , more simple yet still does more harm than good.

what do i mean by that ...... to produce the same amount of power , a 2 storker engine will us a lot more gasoline, it will produce lots of harmfull byproduct, it is not efficient and pollute badly that is why they are getting forced out of production.
the oil you are mixing with the gas to lubricate engine componants bearings piston rings and such .. it does not burn too good and gets expelled out at the end of your exhaust, and gets deposited on everything and every body.

if we all would only use 2 stroke engines , we would be forced to live in a bubble house, the air would not be breathable.
same goes for 2 stroke marine engines , it pollutes the water by spewing the oil in it.

the smart folks figured it out, and it has to stop, wheather you like it or not, you will see less and less of it. (2 stroke engine)
4 stroker also has bad by products but it will not kill us as fast, and it does not spew oil out the tail pipe.

yes the 2 stoker will rev faster because it will produce a "work or power stroke" on every revolution, the 4 stroke revs 2 crank revolution, per "work or power stroke" , that is why it use less gas,more efficient.

also by using valves , a 4 stroker can have higher compression making it more powerfull and more economical,
a 2 stoker is using the piston and cylinder ports ( openings ) as valves to close intake and exhaust openins, and it is using a flushing method to expell exhaust gases, at the same time wasting air-gas mixture, and poluting even more.

also af far as mods. go, you think that 2 stroker has more mods, not...,..... manufactures make more mods for 2 strokes because of the racing application of the 2 stroke engine,
also the 4 stroke does not needed to be over modified., but you are forgeting that the 4 stroke engine has more part than a 2 stroker , whixh can be modified as well ...
cam shafts, pistons, valves, valve springs, carbs, exhaust , and such , than you get in to fuel injection on 4 strokes, and you just opened an other door for mods, injectors, ignition mapping, computer programs and such, then you go to diffrent fuels -nitro , alcohol , and other blends than you add nitros-oxide, and so on and on and on.

are you sure 2 stroke has more mods????????

a 2 stroke engine has to rev to produce power, it has very little power at low to mid RPM range, so in a dragrace a 2 storker will shine against a 4 stroke trail boss, in technical stuff , lower RPM high torquewill win.

also the engine in the trailboss is not the most advanced 4 stroke, it is air cooled and not high compression single cam engine, once they are starting to put a modern engine( like the yamaha 450 DOHC high compression ) , it will change everything.

trail blazer,trail boss is a beginer low budget ATV. no need for high performance stuff.

here is what you will see ....in the years to come ,
2 stroke eliminated all together .....4 stroke only , racing or not,........ fuel injection on bikes, ATVs, marine engines, dirt bikes , and everything.

with this being said, is you 2 stroke faster??? may be.... till I catch up wit you !!! on the side of the trail changing your spark plug, running out of gas, than I will tow you to safety.

enjoy it while you can.
smart money is on 4 strokes.

so, it does not matter who or what is faster???? trail blazer or trail boss, -----as long a you can keep it on the trail !!!!

Old 07-22-2003, 09:54 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

from a dead start, my 250 gets the jump. then we stay even till they top out. on a trail, the 250 comes out of corners quicker, but when it comes to crossing a creek and climbing up anyting steep, the 325 wins. the 250 likes to bring it nose up when youre climbing anything steep and are at low rpms. of course mine is a 2000 325 not 2003 330, but pretty close overall. cant decide which to get. do what i did, by 'em both.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2003, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

The 330 has 10% more power overall than the 2002 325. It makes a trailblazer beating difference.

Old 07-22-2003, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

certinly helps

Old 07-22-2003, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

zsebi, some of your points are well made, but have you completely missed what is happening in the 2-stroke world? Outboards, watercraft and snowmobiles are all developing direct and semi-direct injection systems that retain (and even improve) all the 2-stroke power advantage while cleaning up the emissions enormously. The 2-stroke is alive and well and will continue to be because of the inherent benefits it offers.

The other point always missed by tree-hugging green *****, is that the entire recreational vehicle world is such a tiny part of the total pollution problem that all these changes you talk about make very little real world difference. A case in point: The jet plane that flew the politicians to the "summit" on Yellowstone snowmobile pollution a couple years back, pumped more pollutants into the atmosphere in that one trip than did ALL the sleds in Yellowstone that entire winter.

I will continue to ride and love my 2-stroke quad and snowmobile (and lawnmower, chainsaw and weedeater) and if you want to call me a 41 year old "punk" for the little bit of pollution they cause, you can go f**k yourself!

Old 07-22-2003, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

I honestly don't think that there was a need for profanity. I myself own 2 strokes. The discussion started with power and rapidly morphed into a very ugly discussion.

Try to keep discussions focused- for the sanity and help of all!

Old 07-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

I have to put my .02 in here also. Some people like 4 strokes, some people like 2 strokes. With the newest technology available a 4 stroke cannot touch a 2 stroke. Here is a direct comparison between a 2 stroke (RX-DI) jet-ski (which I happen to have one) and the all new 4 stroke SUPERCHARGED GTX 4tec jet ski made by Sea Doo or Bombardier. Now first off the 2 stroke is 951cc weighing in at 606lbs. The 4 stroke is 1494cc weighs 900lbs. Both have fuel injection, run regular unleaded gas, but the 4 stroke is supercharged, the 2 stroke is power valved naturally aspirated. Now since the 4 stroke has over 500 more cc's than the 2 stroke and is also supercharged it should easily outrun the 2 stroke, correct?? NOT Here is a review from a watercraft magazine that I copied.

"<B>The RX should win the Versatility award. They're stable, solid performers that do just about everything, and do just about everything well. . .</B> The boat's biggest attribute would be the RX hull, top deck, and seat design. That hull is confidence inspiring and aggressive, but not enough so that you'll question whether to add your children in the passenger seat. It's stable at rest as well as at top speed, and bites a corner with predictable authority. . . In terms of acceleration, those engines (130hp 950cc) top the charts, with Orbital Fuel Injected DI posting a 1.91-second 0-30 (mph) run . . ."

OK here is what they say about the 4 stroke.
While the exisitng Sea-Doo GTX 4-TEC was impressive enough to garner last year's "Watercraft of the Year" award, Sea-Doo is betting that a more powerful version of otherwise essentially the same craft will entice a whole new collection of enthusiasts to just 'doo it. The bait? A supercharger, a forced air alternative to turbocharging that promises to eliminate the so-called "lag" inherent to turbocharged engines, and an addition that catapults Sea-Doo into the industry lead with an incredible 185 horsepower. Let's cut to the chase: does it work? Well, yes. The supercharged 4-TEC engine does indeed feel incredibly crisp off the bottom end. . . With the supercharger in place, an already impressive boat has come alive. you can see it partially in the numbers - the SC posted a 2.49-second time from 0-30 MPH, and a 62.32 MPH top speed - but's it's more readily apparent from the perspective of the craft's seat. There is always a reserve of power at your fingertips, power to pull you through a turn, power to pull a skier, power to jump quickly away from th pack.

Now, what is wrong with that picture?? The 4 stroke has less performance than the 2 stroke, yet it is so much bigger and supercharged. Could it be the heavy weight of the 4 stroke motor?? Does the 2 stroke have better technology?? Have you ever worked on a Jet Ski?? How hard would it be to change the oil?? (That would suck!!)
I can't find the ratings for the 4 stroke, but it does say that the 2 stroke has a 75% reduction of exhaust emissions over the EPA baseline.

Now I could go along with your theory that older 2 strokes will emit more pollution than a 4 stroke, but with advances made in technology, I think that will change. But,,, some people are so set in there ways and thoughts that yes the 2 stroke probably will be a thing of the past, which really sucks because they can not be beat for the small sized engines, lack of oil changes, power output, and overall fun factor.

Sorry this doesn't have alot to do with Polaris, but it probably will in the near future and probably already exists with the jet ski lines because the EPA has been more strict in that area and the manufacturers are forced to do something about to stay ahead, therefore the prices grow!

<!-- End Content-->

<!-- End Content-->

Quick Reply: Trailboss vs Trailblazer?