Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

which tire do you reccomend?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 09:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which tire do you reccomend?

i want a tire for trails and going through mud and water. i also wanna be able to powerslide into a turn. any suggestions?

Old 10-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

most ppl are going to say go with the itp mudlites,i have spider tracs and they work awesome for all conditions..

Old 10-04-2003, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

no good powerslide with mudlites
i would look into the new holeshots.

Old 10-05-2003, 12:21 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: scrambler420
most ppl are going to say go with the itp mudlites,i have spider tracs and they work awesome for all conditions..
Ya i have spider tracks and they are great. They work well in all of those conditions. I would suggest to get a set of them and use them. not the mudlites. Especially if you want to do power turns.

Old 10-05-2003, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

Well I would say 489xt's they are 6 ply more aggressive than the stock 489at's 2ply and they mud pretty good I run bearclaws and although a good all round tire they do not powerslide good because of the big **** on the side. I never owed a set of spider tracks so I cannot comment on those but would assume they would powerslide because they do not have the big **** on the side but they are only 2ply too I think.not as resistent to puncture as the the 6ply xt's

Old 10-05-2003, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

spider tracs arent 2 ply,they make a 4&6 ply tire..

Old 10-05-2003, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know how much mud riding you want to do but I really
like the Holeshot XCT tires. You can power slid, there great on
dirt, gravel and grass. SNOW forget it, mud, they are okay but
you will slid around alot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and WATER, if you are just plowing
threw it, OKAY. I would not recommend alot of deep water
riding because it can be pretty hard on your machine.

Trending Topics

Old 10-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

scrambler420
Sorry about that I thought they were a 2ply tire I did not think they made a 4 and 6ply that being said they would be a better tire than I thought , But I would still recommend the 489 xt's because you can get the size for the fronts also ... Maybe not a big deal to some but I prefer having all 4 the same

Old 10-05-2003, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

i have bear claws on my 500ho and it slides no problem and on my 400 express tsl vampires 25x13.50x10 and they will slide if i want them to

Old 10-06-2003, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

The mudlites will powerslide,but not well or lets say this they will grap,Lets see i don't believe their is aint good mud tire that will preform good in the mud,and will powerslide good, Mud tires are MADE to GRAP. And when you Powerslide You Break Traction in the rear,therefore no grap.But i can say this the mudlite will Wheelie easy,I have mudlite right now i got all 4 for180, and their the best for trail riding and hitting the mudholes. In the mud Your buddy won't even get near your rear,b/c they throw mud everywhere,I have gotten in some bad stuff And i could feel the rear end pick up b/c of mud hitin the fenders in the back.But back to the subject. If I was You i would do like i'm gonna do I'd gonna buy some itp rims a set of 4,and even holeshots or razors.For powerslide and speed. Keep in mind tires make a BIG difference how your quad preforms. But the tire question you posted is really depends on how much you want to powerslide,how much mud you will be in,but if your gonna be trail riding get mudlites. P.S. If you decide to buy some holeshot And you love powerslides...try adding a little air pressure to the tires when you powerslideing around,and lose a lil air when your in the mud

Quick Reply: which tire do you reccomend?