Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

purchace of new ATV

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 03:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default purchace of new ATV

Thanks for the info I really wanted to know if there was a reason to go with one of the others but this is the polaris forum. Anyway like I said I am leaning to the sp 600 unless when I go to the dealer I see something different. Also unless the $$ is better with another maker. Then Iwill need to write up a justification as to why I would go with a higher bid. I dont think that just because it is american made will cut it. I will have to come up with a reason the SP is better. I will look at the Cats since I am not to familiar with them. All I know is the heel/toe thing did not impress me, maybe the auto is better.

Old 10-29-2003, 08:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i read somewhere that the Artic Cat has a 7 gal fuel tank. i think that's fantastic! long range between fill-ups is a big plus for me.

keep-up the "buy Japanese" mentality and see where the economy will continue to head... DOWNHILL!

hey, while you're at it, why not buy some clothing at WallMart........i read the CHILDREN overseas are working their a$$es-off 'round the clock trying to make it for you....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

i've owned Sportsmans since '98. ALL of them have been trouble-free. i noticed real improvements were made in '02 when they introduced the SP 700- new 4X4 design up front(no hubs), better stock tires (Rawhides, not potato-skins like the imports), stronger belt with lifetime warranty, fewer grease fittings, digital dash with service reminders, and a "made-in-AMERICA" engine!

Polaris has improved their fit-and-finish to. my current 700 panels are flawless!

good luck with whatever you get!

-MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2003, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

Funny you should mention Wal-Mart mtpockets. Did you know that suppling wal-mart with goods makes up 1% of China's overall economy and that wal-mart is the single largest importer into the USA? Seems to me a few years back that wally world really pushed the made in USA slogan right up until they put there comptetors out of business any way.

Old 10-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Get a Predator and just jump the puddles!!!

Old 10-29-2003, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tblazerdad
You cut them a break if you want. I prefer to cut Americans a break.
You didn't cut them any more break than any AC owner did. I'd bet there's a good chance that your ATV's are powered by Fuji-built engines. I don't really know about the two strokes. However, I know for a fact that the 4 strokes other than the 600/700 and possibly Predator 500 are built by Fuji Heavy Industries.

Old 10-30-2003, 08:21 AM
Pro Rider

American hands built my bike on American soil! This was never an Arctic Cat vs. Polaris issue anyway. I would buy any Cat except maybe the DVX. Go buy a Honda. Where do you think the majority of the money goes? Buy American and Americans work!

Old 10-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Range Rover

One thing to look at is that the Sportsman's have a higher towing capacity, rack load capacity and solid 4WD system along with having one of the highest ground clearance of all ATV's. Ease of operation due to automatic, shift-on-fly auto and single lever braking make it for convenient also.

Old 10-31-2003, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

If you have multiple riders, which I'm guessing you do, the Polaris is the easiest to drive. Not saying the others aren't easy, but Polaris is very easy.

Old 10-31-2003, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tblazerdad
American hands built my bike on American soil! This was never an Arctic Cat vs. Polaris issue anyway. I would buy any Cat except maybe the DVX. Go buy a Honda. Where do you think the majority of the money goes? Buy American and Americans work!

Sure that's a stupid argument, HONDA's are built with american hands on american soil as their ATV manafacturing plant is in the states!!! So really all in all who cares!!! Buy whats best suited to what you need and can afford.

For example, I know I can't afford to maintain a Polaris 500 that is 5 years old. My buddy has spent 10 times what I have to keep his bike running compared to mine. Hopefully the new ones are better built than the '99's.

Old 10-31-2003, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said, buy a Honda and most of the money goes back to japan. I love how you guys always have that "buddy" that spent a fortune to upkeep his Polaris. You can say what you want. As for your question "Who cares". I'd say there are a couple million Americans who had lost there jobs last year that care. It's an issue of patriotism and duty to your countrymen for me. Some people understand some don't and some are just to stupid to see the big picture. You're from canada so I'm sure you don't care. I'm not going to argue with you about it on a computer. It sure is funny how no one ever wants to bash my Polaris or argue with me about it out on the track or trail.

Quick Reply: purchace of new ATV