Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

purchace of new ATV

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default purchace of new ATV

I'm not arguing, just stating a fact that alot of stuff is built in the states now, not just all imported, so its not as bad as it was years ago.

If the states wants to make such a difference, then they should be exporting more of their products to places like Japan and bringing their money back overseas. That will make a much larger difference than just every american buying american products.

As for my buddies bike, I have spent the time fixing it with him, greasy hands skinned knuckles to know the difference. Would it stop me from buying a new Polaris Quad??? NO!!! I am neither brand loyal nor brand blind.

Decision is based on price, the features you need and what support you will get from the local dealer. I wouldn't drop 10 grand based on brand only, I would want to make sure my money is well spent.

Old 10-31-2003, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said some will understand some won't and I don't expect you to.

Old 10-31-2003, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tblazerdad
Like I said some will understand some won't and I don't expect you to.
I would never knock your Polaris. I had one and loved it. It was built like a tank and never had a problem. The only point I'm making is that things aren't always so cut and dried as to where they or their parts are made. So how come some can't understand that the engines in the majority of Polaris machines are Japanese?

The world has changed and the sources of parts in many things thought to be all American are not necessarily that. Things thought to be all Japanese aren't, either. Also, not all Honda profits go back to Japan. Many Americans own stock in Honda. The American way is free, open competition. It makes all of them better.

I'm not advocating being un-patriotic. I have never bought a Japanese car or truck. But, all of my ATV's, Polaris included, have had Japanese engines. I prefered to buy American, but if I thought Honda made a better machine for the kind of riding I do, I would have had no trouble purchasing one.