Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

cutting floor boards on trail boss

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cutting floor boards on trail boss

can i cut the floor boards on a 2002 trail boss without hurting anything?

Old 03-15-2004, 09:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

y would you want to?

I'd be careful, it looks like the floorboards support the fenders which support the snap in side covers. If you get the fenders flapping too much the side covers might not stay in so well. Of course screws are always an option...

Old 03-15-2004, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Ya,,,I don't know if I would do it...I know on my scrammy I hate the floor boards...but they do hold my fenders secure...and I took them off and my fenders had way to much play in it..I want some nerfs for my scrammy but I would have to do something to keep those fenders from being so loose???hmmm..I know in my case I will figure it out somehow..but I do hate the floor boards..I want some nerfs

Old 03-16-2004, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer

well i cut my plastic on mine and just take off the black plastic that just bolts on there. It won't wobble too much, but anything is to know is that if ur floorboards have lil footpeg things. If not u will need to buy some and mount them right ontop where the support beam is for the floorboards. Thats what i did and its kinda nice, makes it feel more like a atv and not a big *** tank.

Old 03-16-2004, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

after i cut my plastic on my trail blazer i toke off the floor boards and under neath there was 2 foot pegs with another piece of metal over top i kept that for a 2 weeks or so but i made some floor boards outa aluminum dimond plate (( old bronco floor boards just cut to the lenght you want and put in some holes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] )) ill take some pics tommrow if i can get out with the freaking foot of snow we suppsed to get

Old 03-16-2004, 07:29 AM
Pro Rider

To get the floorboards off you will have to take the mudflaps off then unbolt the floorboard then cut the plate that goes from both 3/4 pieces of pipe that hold your floorboards in place then cut the front 3/4 in. pipe. After that you need to drill the rivets off the floor boards and reuse them on the back 3/4 in. pipe. After that you would probably want to cut some of the plastic to keep it from flapping too much. But MAKE SURE this is what you want cause it's alot harder to put this back to stock then it was to remove everything! I have pics of my nerfs on my profile page.

Old 03-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

ya thats the thing...I don't know if I want to cut the front bar off when the footboards are off.. and also I don't know if I would want to cut the plastic..I mean If I got nerfs then I would have to to stop the free play but I figure I would eat a lot more mud with less fenders.

Old 03-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, I hope you like the taste of mud! lol

We were in some pretty nasty stuff this past weekend. I was hitting it hard in my TB 330 and watching it splatter out to either side. Then I took a turn on a 400ex. The mud shot up so hard it got underneath my goggles.

I'll be sticking with the running boards for now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Ya,,,thats what I'm saying...I like the nerf idea..but if you get them then you have to do some lipo on your quad,,,,cutting wise,,,,so I think I'm going to stick with my floor boards..I usually get enough mud for my liking the way it is..I don't need to be in a mudstorm!!

Old 03-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i removed my floorboards and cut them. i like them just as well as teh floorboards and they have better grip now!

Quick Reply: cutting floor boards on trail boss