ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Great ATV vacation!!!!! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/14631-great-atv-vacation.html)

ScramblerDrew 07-17-2000 12:39 AM

Howdy, We are thinking of planing our next ATV vacation, and are looking for ideas.
We live in Western NY and are willing to travel 5-6 hours or so to get to some kick a** riding. We would like a legal area with ride in ride out camping. If anyone has any sugestions that would be great.

Thanks Drew
2000 Scrambler 500 with everything HPD sells
2000 Trailblazer for the wife
2001 Raptor on order

NOTE FROM ATVBBS:

One forum per post, please; duplicate topics deleted. Response to deleted post:

adgumby350
phila, PA, US

Date Posted: Jul 17, 2000 1:49 AM

what kind of riding are you looking for? and how soon are you going? me and my freinds
are going on 7/28to7/31 at lyman run state park in potter co. pa. it is trail riding thru the
mountains. they have camping there also. if you can go for the weekend let me know or if
this helps in your future atv trips!

mike(gumby)
98 banshee t5 pipes
http://communities.msn.com/phillyquadaddicts

atvbbs

RobCulp 07-17-2000 10:50 AM

There are some great legal places to ride in Ontario. Check out the web site atvontario.com. The exchange rate will also make for a cheap vacation for you.

stevie 07-17-2000 11:16 AM

Whats all on your scrambler that hpd sells.

EasterEgg 07-18-2000 09:27 PM

ScramblerDrew
If you are willing to go a little farther I recommend going to Wayne National Forest in Ohio down by Columbus. There is plenty of camping and great trails. Hill climbs, tight technical stuff and some wider trails with drainage humps ( I guess thats what you call them ) them make great 2 foot high jumps. You wont be disappointed.
Been going every year 10 years now. Its 500 mi and 8 1/2 hrs for me. Which makes it right in your ball park.
Go and enjoy.
PS. you will need a permit which can be had at local stores.

98 SC 500

TheQuadfather 07-18-2000 09:59 PM

I just got back from there, and get down there whenever I can. The place is amazing. I never get tired of going down there. You could spend months there and never go over the same trail twice. The trails are also clearly marked so you don't get lost.

ScramblerDrew 07-18-2000 11:19 PM

Wayne Nat Forest sounds cool, could you give more info (ie: Names of campgrounds, prices, directions, web links).
ATV Connection is doing a review of Sportsmans lodge this week they were up there over the weekend.
I am looking at a web site for the wayne Nat Forest and it shows 3 seperate areas (Marietta,Athens,Ironton)
Which have trails and which do you goto?
Thanks Drew

EasterEgg 07-19-2000 07:31 PM

ScramblerDrew
If you have a fax number I will fax you the info. If not you can e-mail me at goofy@netacc.net and I will e-mail the info. We typically go to Athens and camp at the Dorr run trail head.

Rich Klepacz
98 SC 500

ScramblerDrew 07-19-2000 11:47 PM

I would love that info send it to 1-716-569-4707
Do you have any pics?
Thanks, Drew
We are also thinking of an overnight stay at Lyman Run St Park in Potter county PA You can ride the Potter county trails from there. Has any one been on these? What are they like.

dave00 07-20-2000 10:47 AM

Scramblerdrew,
You live in NY, I'm sure you go to the Salamanca Dice Run, don't you? Not really a vacation, just a one day ride, but it is fun. Next ride is 7/30/2000

MagnumMudMan 07-20-2000 01:09 PM

ScramblerDrew

If you plan to go to Wayne National Forest, you want to stay at Williams Campground. It is right on the trail head and is fairly cheap. You can email me for more information or do a search in the "Where to Ride" forum under Wayne National Forest. I had a thread in there a few months ago that provided a lot of information. Also, visit the Wayne National Forest website for more information. You will not be disappointed about driving to Wayne for a week of riding.