Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Chrome powder coating?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome powder coating?

Has anybody seen it or know about it. I was wonding how durable it was. A friend of mine, has a friend that powder coats and was telling me about this CBR frame that he did. It would seem that it would get dull easy. He can do any color that I want.... I was thinking of doing my rims... ANd of coarse other parts, LOL!!!

Old 06-04-2004, 10:46 AM
CED
Pro Rider

My pipe and swingarm are done with this same stuff.It will fade just a little with time.After the parts are done then they are polished to get the chrome look.

Old 06-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Trailblazer

I think the stuff you are after is called "Jet-Hot". To get an idea of what it is and how it looks click HERE

Old 06-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Gordy
I think the stuff you are after is called "Jet-Hot". To get an idea of what it is and how it looks click HERE
I think they are refering to the actual chrome colored powder coat. I actually have a couple pounds of it sitting right next to me as I type[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Its not as mirror like as chrome is. But its pretty close...just a little duller.

Old 06-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, jsyi, that is what I am talking about exactly. My new question,, is the ceramic coating and the chrome color coating that I am talking about the same thing?

Old 06-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Redbullssg
Yes, jsyi, that is what I am talking about exactly. My new question,, is the ceramic coating and the chrome color coating that I am talking about the same thing?
The ceramic coating is of course nicer looking and takes high heat BUT of course good looks and durability come w/ a price[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lol. There are a couple places you can check out online to see the ceramic coating..Moore Power Coatings and Jet-Hot. Both are reasonably priced and good quality finishes. I have a couple of "chrome" pc'd pieces that have held up for awhile now. I basically just care for it like regular paint...and it stays nice and clean looking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But for the price I think I might opt for the PC vs. CC. Or hell just screw it all and get it chromed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

On another note you mentioned "colored" coating. They do have different colors of high temp coatings.

There are also high temp powedercoats as well.......But depending on what it is I'd rather just stick w/ actually chrome plating it or ceramic coating if its high temp apps..

Old 06-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

What "other" parts do u plan on getting done?

Trending Topics

Old 06-04-2004, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

Gear case, recoil cover, a-arm and struts, pipe, just about everything that I can think of. I was thinking all in red chrome finish...

Old 06-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Redbullssg
Gear case, recoil cover, a-arm and struts, pipe, just about everything that I can think of. I was thinking all in red chrome finish...
I wouldnt do a pipe in PC. That is something that would be better off getting ceramic coated. But the rest of it is okay. And when you say red chrome do you mean spraying a chrome base coat and a red top coat? or do u mean like a candy red?

Old 06-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I didn't mean the pipe to be the sam color. He said that he had all different colors in that chrome color. I don't know how it works....

Quick Reply: Chrome powder coating?