Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HPD triple rate spring help/ GE4x4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPD triple rate spring help/ GE4x4?

I need help guys. My question is on the hpd triple rate spring kit. I only recieved two big black springs, is that right? Next, do they take off my springs to put on my new resevoirs? In other words, should I just wait and have them put my spring kit in when they put in my new rezzies? Thanks guys

I think GE4x4 is the only one who can help.

Old 07-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Heck no! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Pretty quick and easy to change out the springs....don'tcha wanna try 'em? The rear spring retainer (once you've backed off spring pressure) just give the outer collar on the bottom of the spring a couple of taps w/ a plastic mallet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2004, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

Changing the spings is just like Modquad said, easy to do. But it sounds like you only got your main springs and not the whole kit.

Old 07-25-2004, 05:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I got a whole bunch of aluminum spacers, two smaller black springs(light weight), two smaller blue springs(lightweight), and two larger black springs(look like the ones that come stock, that size). So did I get everything? I was supposed to get a kit, and paid for a kit, but maybe they forgot something. But you guys both suggest putting them on before/asap I get the rezzies on. The rezzies will be about a week or two before I can get them on. Thank a lot guys.

Old 07-25-2004, 07:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ok, I just realized that the kit only does the front end. Or if not, that is all that I received. I put them on, and them look good and feel nice. How do you set them?(how far down do you screw the top nut?) Is there anything else that I should know about these? Thanks guys.

Old 07-25-2004, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

Just like Modquad said, put them on now and use them until you get your rezzies. It should not take you long to replace. Then you can tell the difference between stock then triple rate, then between triple rate then adding the rezzies in 2 weeks. No sense having the springs sit around.

As far as parts go, it sounds like you just got the front set-up. You only got a total of 6 springs, or 2 of each.

Old 07-25-2004, 11:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

GE....I bought a whole kit(like 370 dollars worth). I thought I got front and back for that money. What am I missing?? I put on the front stuff, or what I had, and it was very easy to install. I am very dumb when it comes to this stuff, so you guys are going to have to take me to school. First off, How do I know how much pressure I put down on the springs with that top nut??(I suppose that would be called preload). Next, what are those spacers for? Will I always hear them clanging around like that, when I go over every bump and jump?

But I already noticed a big improvement, well worth the money. Hopefully the rezzies will help too, I went ahead and put them on so I could ride and test. Doug will help me put on the rezzies, and he said he will help setup the quad too. Next on the list of improvements: HPD antivibe stem, clamps, and new handlebars.

What is your guy's next improvement??

Old 07-26-2004, 07:15 AM
Pro Rider

Lift the front of the atv off the ground so that the tires are in the air. Then tighten the preload so there's just enough tension that the springs won't move up. This should be a good set-up.

Old 07-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds good, thank GE. I had no idea what to do.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Brad get some pics of the triples up when you get a chance. I'd like to see 'em.

Quick Reply: HPD triple rate spring help/ GE4x4?