ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   trail boss 325 2x4, is it worth the money??? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/165864-trail-boss-325-2x4-worth-money.html)

nightal 07-27-2004 11:28 PM

trail boss 325 2x4, is it worth the money???

I have a 2000 model 500 Sportsman and a neighbor wants to sell his 01 Trail Boss 2x4. He is asking 2500 for it but I have never had a 2x4 and found it a little different riding due to no engine breaking on hills and his rear break peddle goes to the metal without doing anything which could be a adjustment. I wanted to get it for my wife but am unsure how well the work on good trails with hills and stuff like that. Could someone give me their opinion that is familiar with these models.

2manytoys 07-27-2004 11:37 PM

The trailboss is probably the best 2x4 trail machine out. Plenty of power and will go everywhere the 4x4's will go. Very comfortable,reliable,great gas mileage,and the racks are a plus.If it is an 01 and it looks great then yes 2500 is not bad. If it is a little rough then 2100-2200 would be fair but the 4 stroke quads will bring more money. I have an 04 330 and love it.

deanz400 07-28-2004 12:30 AM

yes have a 325 trailboss and it goes or does hills very well good rookie machine or vetran rider unit , [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
its my wifes and she loves it ..

scootergptx 07-28-2004 07:53 AM

The brake pedal is no big thing. Might just need a good bleeding, but check the pads to be sure. You do have the advantage of knowing how well it was taken care of. That to me would make a big difference. Not a bad price, but see if he'll take 2300. Look in my pics, the only two quads that got any real mud on them, are the Boss and the Scrambler. I'll go pretty much anywhere he goes, but there are some times better judgement comes along. Unfortuneately sometimes it doesn't. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If it looks good and is in good shape, I say buy it for her.

floridaredneck 07-28-2004 12:31 PM

The trailboss is a very capable 2x4. Very smooth ride and big seat (the lady's like that) i have climbed almost 90 degree angle hills and have no problem. Also it can mud very good espicially if ya get comftorable with it. Like with everything more time in the saddle the more stuff you can do even if its only a 2x4. 1 year in the saddle and i can mud just as good as my friends stock grizz 660 (with the proper mods of course [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) Well if he is your neighbor that is an awsome thing jus let your wife ride it and see if she is comftorable on it.

rippedFromFlorida 08-08-2004 03:21 PM

The trailboss is a very capable 2x4. Very smooth ride and big seat (the lady's like that) i have climbed almost 90 degree angle hills and have no problem. Also it can mud very good espicially if ya get comftorable with it. Like with everything more time in the saddle the more stuff you can do even if its only a 2x4. 1 year in the saddle and i can mud just as good as my friends stock grizz 660 (with the proper mods of course ) Well if he is your neighbor that is an awsome thing jus let your wife ride it and see if she is comftorable on it.
Im replying to this post to set some things straight. Im this kids neighbor with the 03 grizz and hes freaking talking way to much. (i wouldnt want ne1 to listen to him for fear of screwing themselves over) 1st of all, 90 degree angles you say austin?!?, only with me on the front holding the rack down, and only after persuing u for like 20 minutes saying it will b ok. Next, you cant give advice about atvs when youve only been around them for a year, for gods sake, u cant change the oil in one. You say that you can mud as good as my grizz? does ne1 else feel a little bit skeptical of this quote?? NO YOU CANT. The tires you got for it are nice, but the machine has no power, you sit there reving the engine to max rpm and it finnaly (sluggishly) starts to inch around. Also, you have no ground clearance. You say you can mud as good as tha grizz with the proper mods?????? the only thing you have on it is some gators which was completly retarded to do in the 1st place. YOU PUT THEM ON THE FRONT OF A 2wd I DONT CARE IF YOUR PARENTS PAID FOR THEM, YOU SHOULDA ASKED TO USE THAT MONEY FOR SOMETHING ELSE.
Ne way, i wouldnt recomend the trailboss. He claims its a 2000, and if it is, its already screwing up terribly. It makes this horrid noise every time he moves, Its Like CHUK CHUK CHUK CHUK! something wrong with the chain mechanisms i think. He tried replacing sprokets to fix it without ne luck. Austin, dont give advice you noob. You dont know. And dont say you can bog as good as me for goodnest sake! i introduced you to everything you do! Newayz, forgive my rudeness, i was just ripped from florida and spat in the middle of hill-billy capital of the world, Arkansas, its aight though. Aus, Thanks 4 Da GiFt CaRd! YoU DA MAn. Call SomE tImE! I gOt FrEe LoNg DiStAncE! OFFENSIVE LINE RULES!!!!!!!!!!

TrailBlazerguy250 08-08-2004 03:41 PM

ya.. my buddies wife has one and it is more reilable than his 02 SP700. she like it , it does have its flaws but for your wife you sould get the trailboss, they go in some good mud even with the stock tires. For the price I would talk him down to like $2200, good luck

Polaris500HO4x4 08-08-2004 07:43 PM

try and get him down to 2200. if u can cash will lower the cost

Betty King-stearns 08-19-2017 07:00 PM

Great bike

They are great bikes. That price is way 2 much though! You can get one in excellent condition with a title around $1500. On the plus side are easy to fix if something goes wrong and could be a great learner for the newbies. Just got my 16 year old one and he's doing great with it. I own 3. Plus other bikes as well but usually stick with Polaris. So other than the price and as long as there isn't something horribly wrong with it,you would be 100% satisfied. Also if it ever give you problems to where it seems like its not getting fuel... Just blow in the tank. IDK what it is but they like to do it from time to time.

old polaris tech 08-20-2017 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Betty King-stearns (Post 3370800)
Also if it ever give you problems to where it seems like its not getting fuel... Just blow in the tank. IDK what it is but they like to do it from time to time.

If this happens check the tank vent tube that runs to the handle bars for any kinks or blockage. Plus what you're doing by opening the gas cap has the same effect. It allows the tank to get another big glug of air so to speak and will run good until air runs out.Not a bad idea also to pull the fuel line from the carb,crank the engine over and place the fuel line in a container. Should be a steady stream of fuel from the pump. Do this in the on and reserve position and see if there's any difference in fuel flow.Some of these plastic fuel valves can clog up and restrict flow after a few years and fuel pumps can become weak and need replacement.