Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Got the plow today, terrible packaging....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the plow today, terrible packaging....

got the Polaris plow, Glacier setup, mount....plastic blade cover for pushing snow, etc...slides easier....heavy duty wear plates, and heavy duty guides...(they're no different other than color than the stock, may be harderned).....

anyways, talk about some **** poor packaging....i think everything is there though....the Glacier setup box was ripped in half, taped and ripped some more....part of the mount was sticking out, no protection, didn't get too scratched up....

almost every box was torn.....looks like everything is there.....at least they shipped the right crap this time.....

but I do realize something now, the 48" plow is way too small for the beast....'05 700 EFI with 27" tires/wheels....

oh well, i'll use the 48 for plowing dirt/rocks and I'll get a 60" for snow, etc.....

i also bought the spring spacers....rubber mounts to put in the springs on each side so the front end doesn't take as much stress, I got two sets of them for a total of 4 spacers.....not sure if i'll put them all on, they even list putting them on the rear to take out some of the effect, not sure what it does on the rear end, but somebody that plows probably knows...

dave

Old 12-03-2004, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

maybe post some pics of the new blade setup when you get it mounted?

id like to see what you mean by how the 48" blade is too small.

i too have been looking into a blade setup for my scrambler 500. cycle country is the only one who makes a mounting kit for it.

X

Old 12-03-2004, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer

hey I know what you mean I bought the same set up for my trailboos and the packing sucked I called and thet said that it was packed good when it left not there prob. made me filll like they didn't care after they got my money!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2004, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

I'll get some pics up on my website this weekend.....I do have to say that the plow blade is pretty thick, thicker than i thought by what people posted.....

I have to take some pics anyways since I added new things to the machine, I have pics of my site of different stages of installs, but no pics with everything....

I'll post them when I get the pics taken....

on the 48" blade being too small, I think it may be even narrower than the outsides of my tires without even angling the blade....the '05 machines are wide, remember that they widened the stance by another 1.5" this year....

dave

Old 12-03-2004, 04:55 AM
Pro Rider

Dave , does the plow setup require spacer?

Old 12-03-2004, 08:06 AM
Pro Rider

Spacer for what? not that I know of...but I haven't installed it yet....

Old 12-03-2004, 08:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: elkbow
Spacer for what? not that I know of...but I haven't installed it yet....
the spring spacers that you ordered from Polaris.

Trending Topics

Old 12-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

ah, it doesn't require them, but according to polaris, they help from front end sag when the plow is hooked up....i think it would be a good thing...

Old 12-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

you could always call the delivery company whether it be ups, hdl, or whatever to complain about the abuse they put on the packages, tell them the parts have small scratches etc. you may get some cash back on the deal. tell them that polaris said it had perfect packaging when it left and that it was the delivery that wrecked the packaging.

good news is that you got the correct parts this time, wasn't it your front rack extenders that they screwed up.

Old 12-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about the sloppy packaging. I look forward to seeing the pics. Have a nice weekend. I'd like to look at the pics that are on your site now. Could you post or pm me the link? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Got the plow today, terrible packaging....