Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

why is grandma shuch a pain bout this stuff!

Old 12-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why is grandma shuch a pain bout this stuff!

Hi, i am having some trouble with my grandmas john deere 345, well a week ago the batery was low and it dident turn over real well, so i didnot even try charging it cuz i mean its bin in there for 8 years with no problems. so i went and bought a new one $78.67, but anyway, she wont let me put it in cuz the one in there will still start it... from what i have lernd it's not good to use a low battery any way , it not runing the right rpms and i am afraid the starter will burn then i will have to pay like 500$ for that she just wont listen maybe if i show her what you guys say she might listen !

old italian laidys are stuuuuuuuuuuuuubern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i live next door!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-29-2004, 07:22 PM
RIP Dear Friend

If I am not mistaken I think the 345 without doing a search has lights on the front for mowing in the late night hours. I would just leave the lights on all night and kill that battery once and for all.

Next day

4wheelerfred
" grandma the battery is dead but thank goodness I have a new one already here."

grandma
" thats my grandson always thinking ahead"

4wheelerfred
" I learned my values form you grandma"

grandma
" well don't just stand there patting yourself on the back, go put the new battery in fred"

Old 12-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Good idea though.

Old 12-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

haha i second that thinking. My grandfather is italian and probably even more stubborn, even worse he is really smart (so is always right of course). If she won't let you fix it, break it lol

Old 12-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Raptoryfn660r
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!!good one man.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well ' it's almost a good idea but, the lights only work wen it is runing for that very reson. not even with the key on it has to be runing! so i guess that will not work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. dam them hed light are bright, it would proly kill the batery in like one hour! oh yeah there is one more problem with leaving the light on, it's in her garage and she goes in there all the time for the cat! i think i will just put it in anyway and let her be mad for a couple days , on the other hand i could leave it and let the starter burn and then i will have the plesure of saying " I told you so".... desisions???????? but i will proly go with puting it in anyway. tell me what you think of that!!!! oh yeah i have to have them hed light , cuz she has 8 yes i sed eight acers of grass i have to cut for her and in the winter i have to snowblow her driveway and that 380 feet long pluse a 80X80 parking lot next to the house, yeah we have a realy realy big family,
i think 47 in all and that only on the one side[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] drives me baboon or somthing.

oh yeah the battery in there proly would have still bin fine but my dumb nuts uncle tryd to use it, and he tryd starting it in -10 weather with the choke of and the gas all the way down ! and it never was right after that, he killd it i know but what am i saposta do if i tell her no it wasint ken how could he , he knows what he is doing! NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT there feel better now tell me what you guys think

Old 12-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

If you leave the key on RUN for awhile, it should kill the battery i think. Slowly, but it will. Or just switch it anyway. Or how about saying you saw it leaking some acid out the side, and it might have exploded so you changed it? If she says no, change it anyway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will burn up starter and solinoid if you crank with low voltage.

Old 12-30-2004, 05:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

That's what i have bin trying to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2004, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

Heck, just change it and tell her some BS about how you DIDN'T change it, just "tightened a loose clamp" or something equally dumb.

(I once "fixed" a 15" JBL sub with a fried voice coil by "sucking out the dome with a shop vac". And spending a few bucks on a recone kit, but no one needs to know about THAT.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: why is grandma shuch a pain bout this stuff!