Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

sp 500ho slip on ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sp 500ho slip on ?

I didn't notice that on the website. I asked the Tech dept and they said it was the inside diameter, It seems like every time I turn around those friggin tech guys are screwing with my fragile little world. Its not a big deal though I will just have to expand the pipe just a bit more to slip over the stock exhaust pipe.

Thanks for the heads up

Brambles

Old 01-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Range Rover

I bought the 1.75" one..wish I had got the 1.50". I really had to clamp on the 1.75" and it barely is snug. The 1.50" will definatly fit good. I just took a piece of 1/8" flat stock about 8" long and bent 2 90 degree angles, one up and one down about 2" long each. Then drilled a hole in each. One hooks to the exhaust, and one to my frame through an exisiting bolt hole. I love mine, not overly loud. Nothing like an HMF on a grizz!

Old 01-11-2005, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MaineMudder3
I bought the 1.75" one..wish I had got the 1.50". I really had to clamp on the not overly loud. Nothing like an HMF on a grizz!

hey do u have the quit core 2 insert aswell or just the pipe? do you think it would give up to 5hp?

brambles are you in nelson? i have some inlaws in town and a buddy that just moved outside of nelson and he wants me to come up in the spring to ride

Old 01-11-2005, 01:57 AM
Range Rover

No I don't have the quiet core in mine. I like how it sounds with 12 discs. I am running a Dynojet kit and a K&N along with my W/B E-Series. I would say with the combined 3 thing it probably boosted it up 3-4hsp!

Old 01-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Range Rover

braveops, yes I do live in Nelson, When do you plan on coming down?

Mainemudder how much louder than stock do you think your quad is now without the quiet core insert. I think I am going to look into getting one of the quiet cores anyways for hunting season.

Old 01-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Range Rover

The W/B E-Series is 94dbs, stock exhauast is 76dbs. You'll notice a definate difference.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Brambles
braveops, yes I do live in Nelson, When do you plan on coming down?

not till spring depends on the ollady wanting to see her sister i just want to ride so does not matter to me they live near walmart like 5 mins away and my buddy is outside towards castlegar

Old 01-11-2005, 11:06 PM
Range Rover

WOW I didn't think that the stock Decibles were that low. I am assuming that the w/b decibles is the way you have it set up with 12 disks and no quiet core. The quiet core is suppose to drop it by 4-5 decibles.

braveops: I will definitly be riding in the spring, hunting for bear and scouting for the fall hunting season. The nice thing about Nelson is that everything is 5 minutes away.

I just got 2 Dayco HP2002 belts, Does anyone have any tips on how to change the belts, I haven't taken it appart before because I was waiting for my warrenty to run out, I let my dealer do all the stuff while it's under warrenty.
I will be getting my dalton springs tomorrow both primary and secondary, This thing is gonna ROCK when I get done with it.

Brambles

Old 01-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Range Rover

Well I got my Whitebros E-series pipe today. Dennis Kirk is one great outfit, their customer service is great they are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week and it arrived here in Canada in a week. They collected all the taxes and shipping so I had to pay NOTHING when it came to my door and that was UPS. The package was actually waiting at my door when I got home from work, which concerened me a little but this is a pretty quiet town. That is until I get the pipe on!!!!!

The product is very nice, better built than I thought it was going to be. Not too sure about the rivets. I guess a lot of mufflers are done that way though, and they do look solid. Packaging was excellent. Like the rest of my parts I am not sure when I will get a chance to put them on.
I am having a dilemma, Do I put them on now and have fun or do I wait until spring and dry roads so I can properly test any performance increases as I put each item on. The latter will take considerably more time but the case by case reviews would be cool to have and provide. HMMM
I am still waiting for the other part of my Thunder products order. I had it sent USPS so I don't know what to expect as far as time frame, I ordered them 3 weeks ago. Plus Canada customs is a joke and it could be there collecting dust.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

cool glad to hear i just orded 2 front tires for my 500 i have like a two week wait cause they are sold out then i will look in on the pipe i want to talk to my buddy and see what he figures i should do. he works at a dealer. get some pics for me pm me and i will give u email add

Quick Reply: sp 500ho slip on ?