Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

sp 500ho slip on ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sp 500ho slip on ?

will a slip on muffler help lots and where do they work the best low,mid,high or all and which one would be good all around muff thanx

Old 01-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Range Rover

Good to see another guy fron B.C.
I Just ordered a Whitebrothers E-series pipe for my 500 HO, most people who have them seem to have good things to say. You won't get massive gains and I would save it for later, and spend your money on other upgrades first like a jet kit, free flowing air filter etc and then put the exhaust on, you'll probably notice better gains after that stuff is done.

Brambles

Old 01-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider

where did u get your white bro pipe from and what did it cost to get it up here? anyone else have pipe on there sp500

Old 01-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Range Rover

I bought the universal white bros from Denniskirk.com for 150.99 usd plus taxes/shipping It should be at my door for under 250 canadian. This is a universal fit muffler and will probably require some fitting. If you ask me no muffler is worth 250 dollars, from what I have read this is a very popular mufffer that some people don't like and lots of people love. I have heard mixed reports about how loud it is but most people say that it is not bad. Dennis kirk wasn't the cheapest place but they were only 10 dollars higher and their order line is 24/7 and customer service is excellent, I am willing to pay a little extra to be treated like a human and not a paycheck. The lowest company had a really strict and strange policy that you had to agree with before ordering, not my cup of tea.
I'll let everyone know when I complete the mods. My Dynojet kit arrived today and my other goodies should arrive any day now if not today. I will probably be waiting about a week for the Muffler.

Brambles

Old 01-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

does any one make one to fit the sp500 that is not over priced?

Old 01-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Range Rover

Hows it goin. I actually was the first "guinea pig" to try out a white brothers e-series on a sp500ho and told Brambles about it. I also am running a Dynojet kit and a K&N filter with mine and it gave me ALOT of power gain. It comes with 12 discs and I tried playing around with different numbers, but 12 seems best. I made a custom bracket to mount mine. One thing, make sure you RUBBER MOUNT it! I didn't at first the the reducer piece broke and I had to have it welded. But now it's rubber mounted and fine. Definatly happy with it!!

Old 01-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

hey do you have any pics of the white bro pipe mounted or with the mounts u made?

Trending Topics

Old 01-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

is the white bro muff the one that most people go with it seems like no one else runs anything else or they are not saying anything i need more input from others what are you guys running???? i might have to get the white bro is there any other any one would suggest???? thanx hey brambles can you send some pics of your pipe i would like to see a better pic to see how hard it is to mount and which one did u order as they show 3 a 1.5,1.75,2" ohya is it realy loud ?

Old 01-09-2005, 12:56 AM
Range Rover

My white brothers pipe hasn't arrived yet but I will post some pictures when I get it installed.
The 500 HO exhaust pipe is 1.62 " outside diameter so I bought the 1.50 inch pipe( inside diameter) and am going to use the pipe expander at work to flate it just enough to slip it on nice and tight. The I am going to have an aluminum fab shop weld some brackets on to line it up to the stock rubber mounts.
I talked to the Tech dept at White brothers and asked why they don't make one for the Sportsman 500 HO. His response was that they do but its is a clerical error in the catalogue and that the Predator 500 pipe will fit the sportsman. My problem with that is the predator pipe is more than $100 us than the universal that I bought.
I have heard various reports of how loud the pipe is. Some say its sounds stock at idle and a bit louder and throaty at wide open and other say its just plain loud. Thenice thing is its adjustable for sound and performace. There is a spark arrestor and a quiet core avaliable for the pipe, I know the spark arrestor comes with the pipe but I am not sure about the quiet core.

Old 01-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Brambles
My white brothers pipe hasn't arrived yet but I will post some pictures when I get it installed.
The 500 HO exhaust pipe is 1.62 " outside diameter so I bought the 1.50 inch pipe( inside diameter)

hey i was just looking at the site at the 1.50 and this says it is outside dia? > Tailpipe Outside Dia.: (1.50 in.) Type: (Muffler/Silencer)

Product Detail

u might want to double check with them

Quick Reply: sp 500ho slip on ?