Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Slow down....crash....Brooooken leg

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow down....crash....Brooooken leg

2c3 I got the rain x anti fog from autozone and even put a very generous amount on both my goggles and the winter helmets lense and they both still fog up as if I never put the anti fog on. I think I just need a better pair of goggles and a better winter helmet with the electric/heated lense. I have scott goggles right now and they are the $20 ones, I think I may try some spy goggles next.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Trailblazer

RickRitter

I have to disagree about the age requirements for kids atvs. My kids are good responsible riders with a little bad luck.. A buddy of mine son is also 9 years old and a better rider than most adults.. If the adult is resposible enough to watch and teach there kids how to ride and operate the machine properly most of the time the kids will be safe.

All in all everyone has to make these choices for themselfs. Hopefully we all can stay out of harms way......

Thanks for everyones best wishes..

Old 03-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fishing
RickRitter

I have to disagree about the age requirements for kids atvs. My kids are good responsible riders with a little bad luck.. A buddy of mine son is also 9 years old and a better rider than most adults.. If the adult is resposible enough to watch and teach there kids how to ride and operate the machine properly most of the time the kids will be safe.

All in all everyone has to make these choices for themselfs. Hopefully we all can stay out of harms way......

Thanks for everyones best wishes..
I agree rick, sorry. that is like saying that when you go to the motocross and during intermission they have the little guys/gals on their 50cc bikes is wrong and they shouldn't be on a bike at such an early age. I didn't get my first bike till I was 10 years old and wish I had gotten one sooner but my mom would have killed my dad. LOL. oh by the way my first bike was a 1986 yamaha bw80, ya know the one with the fat tires. I wish I still had that bike, it was a great little bike. I remember my dad bought it used for my 10th birthday for $350.00 and I rode it till it was time to move up to a 125. I think I still know who has it and thought about going to see if they wanted to sell it to me. I even seen one or two of them on ebay.

Old 03-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

We can disaggree , I respect your rights to parent as you see fit . Myself personally , I got my eldest riding at about 8 years old , we didn't have any bad accidents , but we had a few close calls , and I would like to think I am as cautious as anyone . I think I took to many risks starting him that early .

I was very anxious and really enjoyed riding with him , I really did , however as I get a little older I think my enthusiam overrode my good judgement .

I suppose also that being in this business and hearing of and seeing the bad things that can happen frequently may help to taint my opinion as well .

I also understand you can get killed crossing the street , however , I'll take my chances .

Thanks for the interesting discussion and sharing your views,
Respectfully ,
Rick Ritter

Old 03-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Trailblazer

rick
I have a question for you, I'm not sure what my answer would be. If you start a kid riding at the age of 8-10 yrs old do you think that they will become a better , and safer rider as they get older. Or do you think it would be that they are a good rider but more willing to take risks.

What about if they start riding as a teenager? If they start riding as a teenager do you think they will be safer?

Thanks for your opinion
Harry

Old 03-22-2005, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know fishing . Sometimes getting comfortable in the seat gets me in trouble myself . A wise old man once told me I'd do fine on riding motorcycles until I got it *mastered*.

As far as what age to begin riding to create a safer rider I don't really have an answer , one would like to think more experience would be beneficial .

Rick Ritter

Old 03-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer

rick
without a doubt a wise old man.

A friend of mine who thinks he's a better rider than he is, shattered his ankle in 14 different places this weekend just because he thinks he's a good rider and can keep up on the track.