Sweet deal on Garmin ETREX GPS

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Sweet deal on Garmin ETREX GPS

When I originally got mine it was the bright yellow, but it wouldn't turn on. Garmin replaced it, and the person I spoke to said he would sent out a new one, with the camo design. I like the design, but would hate to drop it in the woods. Of all the things I've got from Marlboro, the one thing they won't send me is a shirt that says "My wife got cancer, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" go figure.

Old 05-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THat sounds too good to be true even for $90 if its the same model I have. There are different models of the Garmin Etrax available. Mine was nearly $200 over a year ago, software-map PC compatible. I would like to see a picture of it when you get it.
Do you know if it has maps?

Old 05-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

all of the Garmin Etrex series GPS units are sort of color coded. the base Etrex gps is yellow but is also available in mossy oak camo. the other units like the legend and vista are like blue and green. you can go to walmart and buy them for $89 or in a bundle kit with case and charger for $110. all the other local stores like target, gander mountain, circuit city, best buy etc. all sell them for $99. I am not real thrilled on the yellow but I guess I can always paint the case a different color as long as it will come apart. I would prefer red or black, I would have even got the camo if it weren't so much extra.

Old 05-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer

bisho12 i have owned both garmen etrwx legend and i just bought a magellan meridian platinum i like the mapping gps because i can store maps of the area i am in the garmin legend i had was an excelent unit it would regulary give me 9 to14 ft accuracy in ct the etrex yellow is a good unit too but to basic for me thats only my opinion both the garmin and the magellan get good reception but any gps will loose the signal in heavy cover the reason i switched is the magellan has a electronic compass go to there web sites and check them out then goto amazon.com they where the lowest prices i could find plus free shipping and if you have a problem the ship a new unit out to you second day air gonna get up to mass to ride one of these days

Old 05-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Range Rover

Thanks Hellhound.

Im going to look around. I have a place to ride up here and I dont know the trails. Its private land so there is no maps availible of the trails. I was thinking if i had a gps unit i could map the trails then down load them to the computer. Is that possible with the lower cost units. I dont want to spend a ton of money on it. but i do have streets atlas 2005 that i can down load to a hand held unit. Im just looking for something simple to use and keep track of the way i came from so i can get back.

Thanks guys for all the input. Ill let you know what i get.

Thanks,
Bob

Old 05-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

I have the Blue legend. I just looked at Wallmarts website, they are normally $169 but on sale, they don't say the price. I doubt the Legend is less than $100. If it is, wow thats a Steal!! I love mine! Never have any trouble with it. I need a power cord though, it does eat batteries.

Old 05-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yamihoo
I have the Blue legend. I just looked at Wallmarts website, they are normally $169 but on sale, they don't say the price. I doubt the Legend is less than $100. If it is, wow thats a Steal!! I love mine! Never have any trouble with it. I need a power cord though, it does eat batteries.
$133.94 for the Garmin Etrex Legend on amazon.com and an additional $30 off if you sign up for the amazon visa card and use it to make your purchase, this is a grand total of $103.94 with free shipping.

Old 05-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

W[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]W, that is a deal, can always throw the card away, CAUTION: I"D read the fine print! Theres always a catch if its too good to be true!

Old 05-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Trailblazer

garmin v is the greatest

Old 05-13-2005, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Care to expand on that and let us know why Kentuck?

Quick Reply: Sweet deal on Garmin ETREX GPS