Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris dirt bikes!

Originally posted by: Fixitmatt
Well that explains everything.
As for bad dealerships,NOT HERE!!
my dealer has been great and I have had no problem with warrenty work.As a matter of fact my dealer has gone out of it's way to help me improve my Predator.
Thank you ATLANTIC POLARIS of Brick N.J.

Matt, Thats good for you, and Kudos to your dealer. I currently Have an Oustanding dealer as well, Blue RIdge Ag and Turf in Mount Airy, NC. They go out of their way to make you happy, Unfortunately I went through alot of badd apples to find this dealer, and its a good travel distance from me. I have a Dealer 15 minutes away, and they will never see me or my machines again.

Old 07-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

As the letter that ktmguy posted says it will be a "global strategic partnership between KTM and
Polaris Industries Inc" I see this as good for both company's. They can share ideas and technical info that can improve both companys. KTM has alot to offer Polaris in the customer service/support area. They can compare company values and how each has come back from close to extinction and how they did it then both companys can incorporate the good ideas into their own respective company's. All the auto manufactures share technology and platforms with several other companys and the end result is better cars. I hope the end result here is better bikes and quads and customer service.

Old 07-21-2005, 03:46 AM
Trailblazer

My dealer took on KTM over a year ago.... He is in the top 20 for dealerships across the US..... Funny how he knew seemed to know something before this annoucement.... Polaris is very clever on how they research and experiment with the public

Old 07-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

i hate to see bad things happeneing to a good company like KTM. i have been a KTM guy for a few years now and have had fun on them. after hearing of this merger my KTM just went up for sale and two of my buddies were looking at buying brand new KTM's and they both just changed their minds. the one thing they have in common is that they are both high maintanance compared to their competition. i also heard through the grapevine that polaris was looking at getting a KTM powerplant in their predator chassis. KTM makes one heck of a motor but compared to the competition they can't hold a candle to the rest for power. YAMAHA HERE I COME GET THAT YZ READY i think i will look good in blue

Old 07-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

actually, the KTM 450 is the fastest of the 450s

and by the way, this isnt a merger, polaris only bought 24% of KTM so they can share ideas and R&D, it dosnt mean that polaris is buying KTM

Old 07-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

They have the most powerful 250 2-stroke. Most Powerful 125 2-stroke, Most Powerful Big bore 4-stroke (compared to the Japanese). Tied for the Most Powerful 50 Cc Mini, Most Powerful 85 cc Mini, Second Most powerful 65 cc MINI..
Not Sure where Your coming from saying KTM motors cant hold a Candle to the rest?
Then you have My Favorite, the 300.. It runs even to a good running 250 MX bike on the top end, and chugs down low like a 4-stroke.

Old 07-31-2005, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

at the motocross races today and well KTM got their butts kicked honda and yamaha dominated as always and well i drove my KTM today and the dang thing wouldn't hardly run so i gotta work on the darn thing again so please someone take me out of my misery and buy this thing from me.

Old 07-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: weez440
at the motocross races today and well KTM got their butts kicked honda and yamaha dominated as always and well i drove my KTM today and the dang thing wouldn't hardly run so i gotta work on the darn thing again so please someone take me out of my misery and buy this thing from me.
I guess now that they are with Polaris your dirt bike doesn't run right? A Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, whatever will do the samething from time to time, hell there dirt bikes! But I bet because Polaris bought a part of KTM it's making your machine run bad...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: weez440
i hate to see bad things happeneing to a good company like KTM. i have been a KTM guy for a few years now and have had fun on them. after hearing of this merger my KTM just went up for sale and two of my buddies were looking at buying brand new KTM's and they both just changed their minds. the one thing they have in common is that they are both high maintanance compared to their competition. i also heard through the grapevine that polaris was looking at getting a KTM powerplant in their predator chassis. KTM makes one heck of a motor but compared to the competition they can't hold a candle to the rest for power. YAMAHA HERE I COME GET THAT YZ READY i think i will look good in blue
I think you would look better riding a donkey.

Old 08-06-2005, 05:31 AM
Pro Rider

hey either one of you guys are welcome to buy my KTM [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i will not say anything else negative about it. so come on go ahead and BUY IT.

Quick Reply: Polaris dirt bikes!